Does anyone have a Navionica 15xg card?

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by shadguts, Jan 5, 2008.

1. shadguts

shadguts New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I am currently fishing the Miss and Tenn rivers and would like to fish the Cumberland some this year. I am considering buying a Navionics 15xg map card. This card is for navagable rivers including the Tenn, Miss, Ohio, Missourri. Arkansas, and Cumberland Rivers. I have a Lowrance 525c and the background map that came on the unit is not as helpful as I'd like it to be. Does anyone have this card and if so is it worth the $200 that it costs.

2. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    I just came to this section to post the same question. I have a lowrance and I believe it calls for the 15 sd card. I was hopeing to find out if it shows wing dykes, depths of sorts and sunken barges. I fish the Mississippi River around St. Louis. Any help would be great. Also has anyone found any deals on these. So far the cheapest I can find it is around $179

3. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    I've got the Navionics Premium South region chip. It's got the lakes and Missouri and Mississippi river on it. It shows wing dykes, sunken barges, etc, but only if they're on the river charts. Also tells you the names of the bridges, feeder creeks, overhead power lines, all that jazz. DON'T TRUST THE CHIP TO AVOID WINGDAMS AT NIGHT!!!!! They show the wingdams, but only the ones on the actual COE river charts, so anything added since the last chart update is not there. Also, depending on your GPS unit, etc, the locations aren't exact. Close enough to get you there to fish them, but I wouldn't bet my life on them:wink: The channel line is generally fairly trustworthy, but don't throw your spotlight away:smile2: Not sure on the Mississippi, I wasn't paying that much attention since it's so much easier to navigate than the MO, but the MO river shows the locations of daymarks, buoys, etc. Kind of cool, too, because it tells you the names of all the different river bends and stuff. I got mine at Cabela's last year for $75 since it was last year's model. Since the corps hasn't updated the Missouri River nav charts since '94 or so I wasn't real concerned about being a year behind on my chip. Check the bargain cave at cabela's and BPS, they usually have a bunch behind the counter this time of year when the new ones come out. Good Luck~

Branden

4. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Thanks a bunch Branden that was just the type of info that I was looking for. I just wonder if that 15 has newer info on it or not. I can stomach 75 but I don't know about 175.

5. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Ryan, I looked on the COE site for river charts and the latest charts they have for sale are 1998. I'm pretty sure that Navionics bases their charts on the COE river nav charts. I doubt the newer chips have any more info than the COE nav charts since the COE charts are the "official" navigation materials for the river. If you know any of the guys your way that work on barges you might ask if they get updates when new structures are put on the rivers. I've looked at paper charts and the charts on my chip for the MO river and they're the same. Thanks!

Branden