Does anyone fish middle GA lakes or rivers?

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by CATCHARMER, Nov 14, 2008.

1. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I am looking for people who fish the flint or the olcmulgee or lake juilete. I am trying to get back into fishing after a twenty years away from fishing. any suggestions would help.

2. papasage

papasage Member

State:
    Fitzgerald, Geo
    i fish the ocmulgee around the big bend aera . it is just below abbeville ga. it is 10 miles from wher i live in Fitzgerald . lake blacksher is 50 miles . i have ben fishing the lake and the flint . the ocmulgee is to low and has ben for several years .

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Welcome to the boc,this site is full of good info and great people

4. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    First welcome to the BOC I haven't fished jullietts yet I have fished tobe and done fair ocmullgee as it is to low like has been said I want to fish the flimt cause I have heard the big cats are there what are you looking for eating size or braggin size

5. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Welcome to the club Richard!

6. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I AM LOOKING FOR CATS OF ALL SIZES. I LOVE TO EAT CATS AND BRAGIN RIGHTS ARE GREAT TOO.

7. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Richard Where do you live in Middlw Ga.

8. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    BYRON ITS ABOUT 20 MILES SOUTH OF MACON

9. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    If you head south about ten minutes you get to 96 and about 5miles from me

10. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i lived in bonaire from 86 to 92 off of fegin mill rd. do you fish from the boat ramp on 96? i have seen alot of people there but have only seen a few people bring anything out. i did see one boat bring out a 10 lb flathead from up stream from the bridge

11. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Been there tried that got a gar will try again tho cause I don't quit

12. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Richard check out the gathering thread and come join us in April
    Are you fishing still and where maybe we could get together

13. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i am still fishing. my fishing is limited mainly to daytime fishing. i am blind in one eye and can't see well with the other at night.i will check out the gathering.

14. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I've been fishing the flint some... Hwy 96 between Fort Valley and and Reynolds. I also fish the wild life management area called the big lazar near Thomaston Georgia. Of course you need the wild life management sticker on your fishing license and it's $18 more...

Pat

15. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    I fished the river by reynolds . all i saw was the bottom. we had to get out of the boat and walk it across the sandbars. we had to run the trolling motor holding it almost out of the water the whole time. where are you fishing near reynolds? boat or bank?

16. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    are you haveing any luck at these spots?

17. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I don't have a boat yet. I did just buy a set of chest waders off of Ebay for $22.99 (includes shipping!) they are hodgman chest waders. Ok not as nice as a boat but you are right the river looks like chest waders might do real nice as I saw a couple of fellows in a canoe getting out and walking down the Flint river.

Actually I've been looking at a fishing kayak as I don't have a truck right now and it would be easier to transport. Plus my wife is scared of water so I doubt she would ride in a small boat anyway. With a fishing Kayak, I'm sure I could paddle around the river and even over the sand bars of the Flint!

We did catch one carp and hooked one flathead, but the flat head got away.

18. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    several guys from work fish from yaks they love it. i just bought my first boat and in the process of trying to get it ready for fishing. i would like to get with some of the local catfishermen on fishing the lakes or rivers in this area. anyone interested let me know.

19. CATCHARMER

CATCHARMER New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    i have never fished tobe is the fishing any good? my son-by-laws step father fishes there but i don't get to talk to him too much so i don't know how he does there.

20. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I have been told there are good cats in there but I am still triing to find them LOL