does anyone fish around the san diego area??

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Big Country01, Nov 24, 2005.

1. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    i was wondering if anyone fishes around the san diego area particularly the otay resivoir and powway lake and cuyamacca lake it's been a long time since i heard any reports on these areas.....

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Every now and Then I fish Lower Otay. Most of the time I fish San Vicente in San D and usually make a 2 time a month trip there in the winter months when the blues do best there.Last trip was slow at San V about 2 weeks ago and only got into some panfish. The bass are doing ok there as usual. Otay closer for a few months for hunting around this time and will open back around March I believe. So is a lot of other lakes in SD that closes for hunting for a few months.

3. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    thanx blue it's been a long time since i heard of san vincente lake...thanx for the report....

4. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    I used to wish Cuyamaca and Poway all the time, but then I moved north. Cuyamaca is always consistant, small fish, but consistant. I have never not limited there. Poway, it all epends if they have planted trout, then they plant enough to make it worth wild. But do not forget about winter cats. Fish rainy days and drop offs. The big channels are stil there.

-brian

5. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    December I will make a couple trips to San V. Last December was a lot of big hook ups there so well see how it goes this time around. I'll post the news when I go.

6. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    good luck there in dec.on you trip blue,gimme a progress report when ya get back if ya would....