Does anyone else live in Western NE?

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by jrgriffhusker, Jun 12, 2009.

1. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I find it impossible that I'm the only catfishman in western NE. If there are any lurkers or viewers from out here join up and we can hook up. I know that if I lived in eastern Ne I know of at least 5 guys I'd try fishing with at least once.:big_smile: And you know who you are.

2. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

well I'll meet ya half way somewhere....I been wanting to try the tri-county canal.....

3. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm going to Beatrice in July and August so my travel fishing is taken up. It cost to much for me to haul my boat anywhere. I figured with gas, food, and camping fees it was going to cost me like 3 bills to go to the gathering.
    Although going to the canals won't cost anything but gas in my car since we'll be bank fishing. It'd be nice to go someshere I can set my set lines out. Which is why I'm going to Beatrice. I'll definetly keep it in mind. Good looking out bro.

4. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    beatrice? cool gotta hook me up on the dates bro.. its not to far from me and my hole here let alone theres a few places down there id like to hit too.. bank boat whatever fishins fishin...:smile2:

5. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    If I'm going to Beatrice I'm going set line fishing. On the Blue river. Time to get the feet wet.

6. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    i hear ya.. been thinkin bout that got the set ups just aint put them together.. or done it before..

7. tma

tma New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I might go up there with u i am about hour away from beatrice
    :smile2:

8. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm so glad everyone but me is so close to my favorite fishing place. I guess it's time to quit fishing for the year and start fixing the house so we can sell it and get the hell back over to civilization. LOL I figure about two months worth of steady work and the house should be ready to go. I might have it sold within two months and that would put me out there in time to go Ice fishing. yeah
    Anyways went to my private pond and the kid caught a bunch of bluegills and I caught only 1 fish. But it was a 4.5 lb Bass. Caught it on one of the gillies Robert gave me. The Bass are hungry right now. The neighbor kid caught a 6 lber the day after I caught mine. Glad I could show him how to catch the big ones. LOL

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    Okay some of my braggin here. These are some of the fish we've got out of the private pond I go to.

Attached Files:

10. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    What do you mean "anyone else"?We easterners didnt realize western NE was inhabited at all!!!!:big_smile::crazy::smile2:

11. skawez

skawez Member

State:
    Hickman, Ne
    Name:
    Steve
    any one know a good place to go fishin out by Halsey is? gonna be up there aug 6-7-8-9.. i heard the dismal aint much for fishin now that thatdam is up there and they didnt stair step it for fish.. idk.. thoughts ideas suggestions???