Does anyone collect sportcards??

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by kycatman01, Aug 25, 2006.

1. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I was just wondering if anyone from the BOC collects sportcards. I know it is kind of childish but I love to trade and collect them. My wife likes to collect them, too. Well, she really likes to open packs to see what she can get.

2. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I have about 20 card boxes of cards put away in the storage closet. I haven't looked at in years. I know some are from my childhood through my early teens. I am 46 now so I am guessing from 66-75 are so in my "collection". Baseball and football

3. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Laidbck, I bet you have some good ones in there.

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

It's been so long since I have even thought about them anythings possible. I don't recall any of them being real "good" cards but times and players change. I may need to do an inventory and see waht I have. I am a packrat and it takes an act of congress for me to throw away something.

5. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    It may be a good thing this time, lol!

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I did when i was alot younger. Like Laidbck said they're put away in storage. I collected basketball and football from mid 60's into the 80's. My fav in my collection is a Walter Payton rookie card.

7. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    HRcats, that Walter Payton rookie is a great card. I would love to have one of those.

8. shotdemducks

shotdemducks New Member

State:
    kansas
    I still collect, and have since I was about 6 or so. I have most of my stuff from my childhood, anymore I buy only graded cards of players I like. These cards will be given to my sons to pass on to their children. MOst loved cards are my Mantle and Mays cards.

9. kycatman01

kycatman01 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Mays and Mantle cards are highly collectible. You can't go wrong with collecting those.

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I used to but havent even looked at them in years. Most are mid to late 80's, not very old but will be someday. Also got a few comic books but dont even know where they are.

11. maverick43812

maverick43812 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i usta just buy the whole set of tops every year till i got into buyin video games lol and huntin stuff more.