Does anybody watch the show Dirty Jobs?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by pk_powell, Nov 29, 2006.

1. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I get the biggest kick out of that guy! Last night he had a segement filmed in New York City. Supposedly a lady went on vacation and when she came home her bathroom in the basement had exploded due to someone putting some sort of obstruction in the sewer lines. He went into the ladys house with 4 other men and they showed him the process they had to go thru to clean her basement up.Of course he had to help.It was hilirious.Laying all jokes aside I truly believe I would have been sick from the odor,but thank God there are professional people with the equipment to help people like that in need!:crazy:

2. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    yes! this is one of my favorite shows me and my girlfriend watch it pretty much every night it is on. Did you see the catfish grabbling one? it was awesome haha. my other favorite show is deadliest catch but it hasnt been on lately.

3. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good question PK, I like the ones that involves anything to do with farms. I have done these chores while growing up, and it was just something that had to be done. I get a kick out of the way he portrays the job. I did notice he is a hard working fellow. Good show. Later Andy

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    yeah, I watched that epsiode last night too. That was pretty nasty to say the least. My favorite was ofcourse the catfish noodling episode. I got hungry just watching those guy eat up at the end of the segment!:big_smile:

5. shelbygt1979

shelbygt1979 New Member

State:
    Olathe, KS
    I like the deadliest catch too What ever happen to it I suppose it only happens once a year or is it twice that crabs are in season? And the noodling show was cool as well.

It was my favorite show to. He was like these people really stick there hand in hole using the sticks. Thanks for reminding me as I had forgot about this show.

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    It seems that Mike Rowe is nothing but heart. The guy really does do the work!

It is good to watch shows like that, I think. It reminds us all that we're mostly just fans of complaining and our work conditions for the most part are not so bad... unless its your job he is doing... then life sucks.

ROTFL

Sal

7. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did ya see the one where he was artificially inseminating the sow or howbout the one with the horses. I tell ya I laughed till I cried with that episode. His facial features when he is doing these jobs is just too funny. The Ostriches was pretty funny also. Did ya catch the size of those eggs dude? Now that would make an ommlet or to!:big_smile:

8. heavyduty

heavyduty New Member

State:
    Grand Gulf,MS
    Yeah! i seen that one last night! right as i was tryin to eat supper! i dont have a weak stomach but that was nasteeeeee:bad_smelly:

9. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    Lol I Have My Dvr Set To Record All Episodes Of That Crazy Show.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Yes Pat, I like that show. On Thanksgiving Day it was on continuous all day.
    Mike Rowe is great for the part. I loved the one with the old guy that fed the slop from all the Vegas buffets to his hogs. That scene with Mike driving the truck loaded with slop was a mess.
    They also reran the ones where Mike was artificially inseminating hogs and horses. :lol:

11. StuBone278

StuBone278 New Member

State:
    south central Louisiana
    There's another great episode where he is down here in the Atchafalaya Basin crawfishing with quite a grumpy dude. They run into mud and the guy makes Mike push the boat around all day!

The only thing I don't like about the show is when the people at their jobs really get mad, I mean, come on, what do you expect? He's never done the work and has to put on a show at the same time, you think they'd cut him a little slack!