Does Anybody Know...

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by WildBill23, Dec 28, 2007.

1. WildBill23

WildBill23 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Does anybody know where i can go to find out how much my bamboo rod is worth? It is 11 feet long ( 3 piece)

2. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    I dont know, one way to get an idea would be list it on ebay with a high reserve see how high the bids go......?

3. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I have seen a column in a fishing mag on this. Guys send in a pic and photo of an old rod, reel, or lure, and they guy can tell them what its worth. It has to be in bass master, field & stream, something like that. I just can't remember where I saw it.

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Well, if you go to buy a split bamboo flyrod blank out of England about the minimum you'll pull out of your pocket for just a blank is around 650-700 dollars and that doesnt include shipping.

Word of advice. If you ever want to restore that rod dont let a soul touch it that isnt in the business of restoring bamboo rods.
    If the wrong method is used to strip the finish the rod will come apart at the seams.:sad2:
    There is a process involving a dip tank that is used.

I dont know if yours is split bamboo or not but until you find out its worth keep it close. It could be worth more then anybody is willing to pay.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Got any more info on it? name, number, letters, color, are the farrells brass, aluminum, wood etc., handle type, reel seat, there are a few things to help get the best idea on worth.

6. WildBill23

WildBill23 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    There is no reel seat, it is a 'stick with a string' kind of rod. i cant find any name on it. it is natural color. the metal on it is aluminum.