Does anybody know where -

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by montgomery#1, Apr 8, 2008.

1. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Does anybody know where i can buy a cheap plack for a european mount I shot my first deer this year and would like to mount it. I dont know any taxidermists. Any help would be awesome. thanks in advance.

2. gottagetabigun

gottagetabigun New Member

State:
    OKLAHOMA
    you can buy a unfinished plaque at a craft store for less than $5. a little stain/varnish and your in business. thats what i do.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Take a look at vandykes.com or wasco.com you can get free taxidermy catalogs from them.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    no idea. sorry.:sad2:

maybe a taxidermist will coma along soon. i hear through the vine a few might be.

5. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Cabelas sells a european mount kit.

6. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    I really didnt care for cabelas plaques. they werent what i was looking for.

7. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
  8. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Thanks scott but Im looking for something a little different. ive got every thing but the plaque.

9. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Have you tried scheens, cabelas also!

10. brandon

brandon New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    This is just an idea I have been doing taxidermy for about 8 years now partime. I have started mounting euros on peices of drift wood. YOu get a flattish peice of wood most the time I try to get one with a small ridge in the middle that way I can mount more than one on it some shading to the left and some shading to the right. Most of my customers like this better than the plaque type.

11. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    TAKE A LOOK AT #6. HE DOESNT LIKE CABALAS.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    #6. POST SAYS HE DOESNT LIKE CABALAS.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    http://www.mckenziesp.com/taxid_sto...AA2}&mscssid=GGKRA855NDJG8NXCMA8F3G6T2SCRCRJ4

that link will take you to mckenzies panels. there are no pics though. i have them in my catalogs.

http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/subcategory/105/

this link takes you to vandykes panels with pics.

http://www.taxidermy.com/

this wildlife artist suppy co has pics too.

sorry i didnt help earlier. ive been doing some thinking about my staying here or not. this is a topic i was trying to help folks with. but i wont get into it publicly.

cheap from $5.49, to $59 to $229. these are just 3 from vandykes. they have all price ranges,

14. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    I like the 3d ceder roots in the panel an display section. That is more what im looking for. Thanks for the info. and Its not that i dont like cabelas i just wanted some thing that will stand out a little more.

15. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    vandykes is a cabalas company but cab sells just a couple genaric displays for the do-it-yourselfer. vandykes is a professional taxidermist company owned by cabelas. the ones cabales sells are in the vandykes catalogs too. i get 90% of my supplies from them.

16. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    I never said i didnt like cabelas i just didnt think they had as good of a selection as van dykes. Cabelas is pretty good on some things, I just didnt like the selection they had. Thats all, the reason i like van dykes is that they have alot more to choose from.

17. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i just ment that you said you didnt like cabalas selection and two or three said try cabalas after the fact,lol. they hadnt read the posts i guess,lmao. vandykes is a bit cheaper on supplies than mckenzie on forms ect... so i get most from them. but mckenzies catalog is about 2" thick compared to vandykes 3/4".

18. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Alot of people try to sell every thing from cabelas on me but it doesnt always work. Unless im looking for a good salt water reel for alaska. Thanks for the info and talk to you later.

19. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    This is a funny thread...Cabelas owns Van Dykes....LMAO

Thats one company McKenzie has'nt got yet......

20. CarolinaCats

CarolinaCats New Member

State:
    Rural Hall
    I get 95% of my supplies from McKenzie. Nothing against Van Dykes at all. McKenzie is 35 miles from my house. so I save big time on picking up bulk orders than having them shipped to me. I worked a deal out with the sales manager from Van Dykes and purchased a tumbler and corn cob grit for free shipping.
    :wink: