Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where i can buy a cheap plack for a european mount I shot my first deer this year and would like to mount it. I dont know any taxidermists. Any help would be awesome. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
This is just an idea I have been doing taxidermy for about 8 years now partime. I have started mounting euros on peices of drift wood. YOu get a flattish peice of wood most the time I try to get one with a small ridge in the middle that way I can mount more than one on it some shading to the left and some shading to the right. Most of my customers like this better than the plaque type.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
http://www.mckenziesp.com/taxid_sto...AA2}&mscssid=GGKRA855NDJG8NXCMA8F3G6T2SCRCRJ4

that link will take you to mckenzies panels. there are no pics though. i have them in my catalogs.

http://www.vandykestaxidermy.com/subcategory/105/

this link takes you to vandykes panels with pics.

http://www.taxidermy.com/

this wildlife artist suppy co has pics too.

sorry i didnt help earlier. ive been doing some thinking about my staying here or not. this is a topic i was trying to help folks with. but i wont get into it publicly.

cheap from $5.49, to $59 to $229. these are just 3 from vandykes. they have all price ranges,

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I like the 3d ceder roots in the panel an display section. That is more what im looking for. Thanks for the info. and Its not that i dont like cabelas i just wanted some thing that will stand out a little more.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
vandykes is a cabalas company but cab sells just a couple genaric displays for the do-it-yourselfer. vandykes is a professional taxidermist company owned by cabelas. the ones cabales sells are in the vandykes catalogs too. i get 90% of my supplies from them.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I never said i didnt like cabelas i just didnt think they had as good of a selection as van *****. Cabelas is pretty good on some things, I just didnt like the selection they had. Thats all, the reason i like van ***** is that they have alot more to choose from.

·
Registered
9,813 Posts
ya i just ment that you said you didnt like cabalas selection and two or three said try cabalas after the fact,lol. they hadnt read the posts i guess,lmao. vandykes is a bit cheaper on supplies than mckenzie on forms ect... so i get most from them. but mckenzies catalog is about 2" thick compared to vandykes 3/4".

·
Registered
215 Posts
This is a funny thread...Cabelas owns Van *****....LMAO

Thats one company McKenzie has'nt got yet......

·
Registered
215 Posts
I get 95% of my supplies from McKenzie. Nothing against Van ***** at all. McKenzie is 35 miles from my house. so I save big time on picking up bulk orders than having them shipped to me. I worked a deal out with the sales manager from Van ***** and purchased a tumbler and corn cob grit for free shipping.
:wink:

vandykes is a cabalas company but cab sells just a couple genaric displays for the do-it-yourselfer. vandykes is a professional taxidermist company owned by cabelas. the ones cabales sells are in the vandykes catalogs too. i get 90% of my supplies from them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.