does anybody know of any mods for a suzuki df225

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by wishiwasfishing, Jun 30, 2009.

1. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason
    I'm trying to find out if there is any modifications you can do to a suzuki df225 motor to increase horsepower and fuel(really the horsepower:001:).

2. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Good way to void the warranty on your Suzuki my friend. Try calling the Suzuki dealer in Lebanon MO. He's been selling and working on Suzuki's longer than anybody in the area.:wink:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    WHY??????:roll_eyes:

4. roadkill636

roadkill636 New Member

State:
    warrenton misso
    Why not!!!! getting across the water a bit faster is allways more fun.. if I wouldn'nt have asked how to get a bit more out of my 200 I'd still be doing 46 mph, but after asking I now have a GPS of 60.1

5. Beckman

Beckman New Member

State:
    O'Fallon MO
    Hey if you want speed why don't you swap out that 4 stroke and get a 2 stroke Yamie Vmax 250hp HPDI. I had one on my old Xpress X19 and man o' man did that boat scream.:wink:

6. jlcperformance

jlcperformance New Member

State:
    moberly, missouri
    there r lots of things u can do to make it more powerful but i dont think that is something u would want to do considering u have to work on them all of the time to keep them running tip top. for a new 4 stroke i would just mess with different props. if u want a faster motor i would say one of the mercury black max or optimax 2.5's would be the way to go. my dad has a 2.5 on a 19 ft maico shark that runs 95mph. he has had it since 79 and been racing it for all these years and that motor still runs hard.

7. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason
    I was hoping there was a programer for it like they have for your car or truck and i dont think they void the warrenty. And why!!!! Because any time you can up the performance and get better fuel consumption and horse power why would you not? And a 225 is biggest they would let me go with and i surly don't want a mercury :wink:eek:therwise i would have bought one and i didn't want a 2 stroke.

8. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    uuuu more horse power and better fuel mileage? Dude you sound like an ad on TV. I have never really seen it work out that way More for less. Now I have seen it where you get more power and keep about the same mileage if not a little less.

9. Hurricane

Hurricane New Member

State:
    Arnold, Missouri
    It ain't fast without mixed gas!!:wink:

10. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    i mean im sure u can put wiseco high compression pistons in it and do some porting on the head and stuff but man im telling u tearing into one of those four strokes is not gonna be cheap at all. my brother and dad both race motocross and all everybody races now is 4 strokes and they r way more expensive to work on. a top end alone doing it by yourself will run u about 1200 when the two strokes only used to cost about 200. u r just gonna open a can of worms that im pretty sure is not worth even messing with.

11. buckdoe270

buckdoe270 New Member

State:
    Overland, Mo
    horsepower and speed, fuel come by many factors
    hull design, weight of boat, how much weight is in boat (cargo)
    best thing experiment with props:wink:
    good luck

12. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason

13. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.

14. wishiwasfishing

wishiwasfishing Member

State:
    missouri
    Name:
    Capt. Jason

First you have to have a boat to tow me with or did you mean with your truck, because my truck does just fine. You must be getting board in the wheel house i see?

15. Ol Swampy

Ol Swampy New Member

State:
    Festus Mo.
    Rick,
    What I have been told is the 4 blade will give you more front lift having more blade in the water??? I went with the 4 blade prop from Steve Brown's and John Eaton's ( Suzuki Rep) recomendation. Monte did tell me that Suzuki motors are "detuned" for the first 50 hrs. I wouldn't do too much till you hit that mark. Who knows? I was a little bummed I didn't get the high 50mph speed out of it I had heard but the only thing I really have tried is the different prop.

16. jlcperformance

State:
    moberly, missouri
    the main problem with the four strokes not being as fast as the 2 strokes is weight. that 225 is a lot of weight compared to a 2.5 2 stroke. weight is the easiest way to go faster.