Does anybody know if the PSE stinger is any good.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by montgomery#1, Jun 4, 2008.

1. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Im going to buy a new bow for next deer and elk season and need a good bow I found a nice bow But I dont know if they are any good. Im talking about the new PSE stinger Any help would be great thanks in advance.

2. Roscoe Dog

Roscoe Dog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    PSEs are good bows. I started with a cheap PSE to see if I would like bowhunting. I havent shot that model but I would go to a shop and shoot as many different bows as possible and pick the one that feels the best to you. I just bought a Mathews DXT and its the best bow I have had.

3. JimG

JimG New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I own an '07 PSE Rogue, it is/was a 'Pro shop' only bow (that was '07, models have been since re-named and changed for the '08 bows). The Stinger is a very close 'big box store' version of my bow. If I needed a bow today and could not afford much, the Stinger would be on my short list. The Nova is another good affordable PSE bow. PSE tends to have a good reputation for customer service which in this day and age tends to be customer DISERVICE with most companies.

4. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I have the PSE Rattler crossbow, and when I had a warranty issue, they handled it very much to my satisfaction. Good luck on your search. Later Andy

5. JimG

JimG New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I should also mention that the Bear Lights Out compound is a very well built (for the $$) and easy to shoot (8.75" brace height) and affordable bow.

6. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Thanks I have shot it and I like it. It is one of only a few choices I had because im left handed. Thanks again and talk to ya later.:cool2:

7. JimG

JimG New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I hope it works out for you as well mine has. I would not trade mine for the world (well of course I would but you know what I mean).

8. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    I talked to the guy and he said for a new release dozen arrows and the bow it will cost about 500 dollars. Im going to go and have him right me up a price and have kind of a contract so that the price doesnt go up. I havent ever bought from this guy so I dont know if I can trust him until ive done more businness.

9. mikebarbee

mikebarbee New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    Like a lot of bowhunters a PSE was the first bow I hunted with and still wouldn't hesitate taking it out in the field today. (If my Mathews was out of pocket). LOL Fred bear does make some very good bows as well, my wife bought me one 3 years ago and I had extremely good results from it. $350 fully rigged at most Bass Pro's or online. You can't beat that.

For me though its Mathews all the way, the extra money is worth it!!!!!!

10. mikebarbee

mikebarbee New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    I just realized the buck in my avatar was taken with my Fred Bear, and it did the job. 123 Pope and Young!!

11. River_monster91

River_monster91 New Member

State:
    central kansas
    i think any pse bow is good