Does anybody fish the pomme de terre or little sac rivers?

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by jms43, Jan 1, 2008.

1. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was just wondering if anyone on here knew much about either of these places. I fish them both quite a bit, however I'm no expert. So if anyone has any tips about either one of these please share.

2. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    Welcome to the BOC Jon !

3. primitivefrn

primitivefrn Member

State:
    collins mo
    Benn a while, since I was on little Sac, use to be a good place to catch walleye, and white bass, probably good crappie,in spring have heard of Flatheads being caught around Alridge boat ramp.
    The mouth of Pom. is prime cat country, also crappie, upper end of Pom DE Tar lake on pp hwy, is good channel cat water. seen a 6lber come from their biggest, I've seen in a while . good rocky streams and clear water,.
    Welcome a board.
    Need to come to 2008 Missouri BOC gathering, and meet a lot of catfish people also check out Missouri Acats .

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Welcome Jon
    I fish the Sac below Stockton, Chaplinger mills to the mouth of the Osage quit a bit in the spring. Troll crank baits for walleye, throw jigs for crappie-whites-hybrids. Catch a few cats also, lots of gar allways in there. Dont know much about the Pomme. Have fished below it at the chute.

5. jms43

jms43 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks for all the info guys. Earl, I live in Bolivar. That's why I fish the Pomme and the little sac as much as I do...I figure since I don't have a boat there's no need in traveling too far to fish from the bank.

6. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I grew up on a farm that the Sac surrounded on three sides. I am hoping to go back there last this spring/early summer to float down from Chaplinger to Osceola if there is enough water. I was back there two years ago and there wasn't. Heres hoping for some srping rains.

7. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Earl,

Can't PM yet, need 4, well now 3 more posts then I can :big_smile:, but would really appreciate the number if you would send it to me.

I can remember lots of areas on the Sac, fished it every day every summer, from Buzzards Bluff down to almost where it joins the Osage. Alway's had fun even if it was just sitting there watching the world go by.

Again thanks

8. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
    Ron, I used to work and fish on Pomme on lot. The flathead and channel catfishing can be great in April and May. I used to catch the flatheads on large minnows or small green sunfish. I caught most of the channels on dip bait. The white bass fishing can be outstanding there also.

9. Reb54

Reb54 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks Chris. I caught lots of flatheads and channels back then but the white bass wern't there (or numerous). Would like to take a couple day's to float down and explore some old areas I remember while fishing.