Does anybody fish the lakes around Olney or Newton?

Discussion in 'ILLINOIS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by so ill catman, May 12, 2009.

1. so ill catman

so ill catman New Member

State:
    illinois
    Does anybody on here fish the lakes around Olney of Newton like East Fork, Borah, Vernon, Sam Parr, or CIPS?

2. Catfish KID

Catfish KID New Member

State:
    godfrey,illinois
    not familiar with these but i can bet that one of your new brothers will help you out. welcome to the boc, best bunch of people youll find on the web or water.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Yes but not catting, mostly Crappie and Big Gills for me on Sam P, and East Fork... Usually in spring and Fall when over for Hunting, have some hunting ground south of Casey......

4. ldw45

ldw45 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Use to fish the Newton Power Plant Lake while living in Central Illinois. Have caught a lot of fish there, mostly eaters.

5. lil kat

lil kat New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I dont fish East fork, but I have fished Newton some and do alot of fishing and camping at Sam Dale lake conservation area. Catch mostly eaters in either one of these lakes.

6. so ill catman

so ill catman New Member

State:
    illinois
    yeah you can catch a bunch of cats at Newton but I havent caught anything over 6 pounds there

7. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Welcome Matt from up around Peoria. My sister and brotherinlaw leave tomorrow for 10 days in Olney. They have some land close by and just crappie and bluegill fish. Am planning on going down with them sometime this summer and showem how to catch cats. LOL Other than that, can't help ya out with anymore info.

8. so ill catman

so ill catman New Member

State:
    illinois
    Good luck. Let me know if you do any good