Does anybody else fish out of a Tube Float?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by porboy, Aug 9, 2006.

1. porboy

porboy New Member

State:
    TX Panhand
    I started out 40 years ago fishing out of a tube float and went into boats and still have several small boats and one larger deck boat. I had a chance to
    buy a tube float again and love it for a fast trip after work or whenever I don't want to get a boat out and mess with the hassle of launching it and putting it back up. I use waders when the weather is cold but mostly go in shorts or a bathing suit in the summer. A quick, fast easy way to fish a ways
    out from the bank. I find that I fish more because I can do it fast.
    Bill

2. rushing

rushing New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Not for catfish! I dont think I would want my legs dangling in the river.:lol: But yes I do flyfish out of float tubes for trout in lakes. I love it! I love it! I love it! If I had the opertunity to do it everyday for trout, catfishing would take a backseat but since the nearest trout lakes are about 6hrs away there isnt a chance of that every happening. I will even bust out the float tube on occasion on a hot day to fish my pond for northerns and bass. Its amazing how close you can get to fish in a tube and how fun it is to have them pull you around. :)

3. cat tamer

cat tamer New Member

State:
    MO
    where I fish you might not have legs left afterwards, but in nice calm water it is a great way to fish for anything but catfish.

4. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    i have wanted to tube for several years now but have never gotten to yet. i would not do it catfishing though. being pulled around a lake or river by big ole cat just wouldnt be that fun.

5. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I used to when I was skinny enough but no longer. Good timews and a speedy trip with flippers, I was amazed at the distances you could travel in a short time in one.

6. fishinpals

fishinpals New Member

State:
    Virginia, Illinois
    Nope, my imagination would run wild. Jaws out there, what about snakes? No way.

7. mega34bkw

mega34bkw New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Not yet, but I have definitly been checking them out. Is it too hot to use waders in the summer? Just moved from Nevada to Oklahoma and have been fishing like crazy since I got here. Maybe I lived in the city too long, but I think Id feel more secure with waders on.

8. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Thats my thoughts exactly.

I wouldn't be able to catch any fish because I would be spending too much time checking under me and around my legs.:0a20:

Ken