Does anybody eat Gar?

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by mikey823, Aug 24, 2007.

1. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I was cleaning catfish at a fish cleaning station one time and a guy came up and started talking. He told me he was invited to a fish fry and the fish was Gar, he said this was the best fish he ever ate. I wouldn`t know how to clean it or cook it, I thought they were full of bones.
    :eek:oooh:

2. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Only trouble with cleaning gar is they keep dulling the chain saw you skin em with

3. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    ask griz he gave me a receipy for " gar balls " that is really good. yes i said gar balls, google it, its really good has potatoes and stuff.

4. mikey823

mikey823 Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks Eric for the information on the gar balls and Jerry I just got a new chain saw so I should be good for awhile.

:wink:

5. iam2hi2flyinky

iam2hi2flyinky New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its a cajun style cooked gar its really good i thought the guy was bs-ing me till i goolged it. i thought gar balls there no such thing and there was and i catch alot of gar where i live so i tried it and it was pretty good. not keep in mind i cooked alligator gar some gar i here have a bad smell to them so i dont know what kind of gar you have in your area so check around oh and your welcome