Does any use an Abu Record 60 Series Reel?

Discussion in 'Fishing Reel Review' started by Grits, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Grits

Grits New Member

State:
    Arknasas
    Hello Everyone.

Does anyone use the Ambasador Record 60 Series Reel. If so, what is your opinion of it?

Thank you,

Grits

2. nightowl

nightowl New Member

State:
    Vicksburg,Mississippi
    yeah i use 6500 abu. the reason i like them so much is because of the line capacity and the fact that they have a clicker on em'. i love to hear that sound LOL! They are also very dependable, i have no complants with the 60 series.

3. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hi there Roger. I have an Ambassador Record 60 series Reel,And I Love it.It cast like a Dream and I Believe it to be bullet proof when matched with the right rod and line and correctly set drag pressure.It should handle any thing up to #50 pounds,Much larger and I would step up to a Abu 7000 series or a penn 220/330 GTO. Not that the Record would'ent handle one over 50 pounds but I would feel better with the larger Reel especially in swift current or snag infested waters where them Big uns like to live.JMHO. J.D.:big_smile:

4. Flamekeeper

Flamekeeper New Member

State:
    Louisville, Ken
    Grits,,Go get 'em Bro!:wink:

I have just purchased 2 RECORD 60 High Capacity reels with Power Handles, a few weeks back.
    Have not even put line on them yet ,For what I can see and feel they are some nice reels,So good that I'm saving them for 2 custom rods.:big_smile:

Here is a link that will help you alot.

http://www.tackletour.com/reviewabugarciarecord.html

5. catBob

catBob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    they are good looking reels if u wanna make them relly throw remove a couple of the breaks and pop the dust shelids off the bearings it work pretty good and plus it free i done this to my rockets befor i built them