Does any one suggest Cajun Lightnin over Trilene Big Game (both 20-30lb)

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Rajun_Cajun, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    well i have fished with both lines before and i like cajun lightnin just a tad more because its a little more flexible, but i was just wondering if any one had any different oppinions:D

2. Drum Andersen

Drum Andersen New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    I've never tried cajun lightnin, but I've had really good luck w/ the Big Game line.

3. bro_catfish

bro_catfish New Member

State:
    Ohio ,Coshocton County
    I agree, But I do here good stuff about it though

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I use them both alot and would have to say overall Big Game is best for cats. Although cajun is mighty strong!

Zakk:)

5. bigsammy

bigsammy New Member

State:
    Poteau ok
    I've tried em both and use em both.I think cajun has a lot more memory but man its strong!The big game seems more smooth castin to me.Just my opinion

6. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I think that they are both amazing lines. Cajun has more memory but its tough as nails, and it seems to disappear better in the water. Big game holds the marked tensile strength, and it casts smoother, but the abrasion resistance just isnt quite that of Lightning. They both cost about the same, so I use one or the other mostly depending on my color/abrasion needs. But when compared brandwise, Cajun Lightning is like the Big Game of shakespeare :D

:0a26:

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I think the berkly is a better line..I have seen the cajon in action and it seems mighty stiff.

8. SwiftWater

SwiftWater New Member

State:
    Central Virginia
    i have used them both, but i prefer berkley big game. i'm not implying that cajun line is of inferior quality, because it's not. i just stand by ol' reliable and that is big game. to tell you the truth i really don't see where one is better than the other, but that's just me.

9. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Well, I just took the cajun lightning out of its package and used it a bit. The stiffness of it really isnt that much more than big game. They are really about equal, and like I said, Lightning is like the big game of Shakespeare's lines. So I really dont think the stiffness can be compared to the extent that it seems to be used at the moment. I also like cajun because it really IS scientifically plausible that it disappears in the water before the greens and yellows that big game has. Not to mention I have used the cast before, and considering lightning is even tougher than the cast, the Cast line of cajun red was tough as nails. So thats my two cents.

:0a26:

10. Rajun_Cajun

Rajun_Cajun New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    hey thanks everyone for giving me adivce, hopefully i will use it next time barbel and myself go fisihg down at the KAW

11. IamMike

IamMike New Member

State:
    Ohio (near cincy)
    I use big game. I bought a reel of the cajun line, spooled a reel up with it, threw the pole out, reeled in back in and changed poles. Later, I unspooled that reel, put big game back on it and threw the rest of it away. Cajun line floats, big time. I use a lot of floaters and the last thing you want is your line floating. Big game sinks, right now.

12. liveforcattin08

liveforcattin08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    i fish a hole that is littered with crap on the bottom and you gotta really rip em out. i use cajun in 40# and i couldn't be happier. it is very abrasion resistant but it isnt very smooth its great in where you dont have to cast far but there is tons of crap in the water

13. Shawn

Shawn New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I prefer the Stren lines over the berkley myself. Original Stren is hard to beat. I like the High Impact also.

I don't change line a lot, and the Berkley always gets weird and I have to change it sooner.

Shawn

14. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
  15. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    i use strictly the red cajun, havent tried the lightning yet. i once got a bad 4000 yd spool of the 30 lb big game and you could break it with your hands and havent used it since.

16. Riverdog

Riverdog New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Big Game, great line, great price.