Does any one fish green river

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA RIVERS TALK' started by shawn_donna, Feb 28, 2006.

1. shawn_donna

shawn_donna New Member

State:
    rutherfordton nc
    hi all do any one know any good fish holes in green river

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    My mom said her cousin used to catch some good cats below Lake Adger but I don't really know how good they were.

:0a25: to the board.

3. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I don't know much about catfishing Green River, but there are some nice cats in Lake Adger. The lake is absolutly full of shad and if you use live bait you might catch a trout or large mouth or even a monster musky and I do mean a monster musky. The water down at the dam is around 70ft and theres always a few kittys hanging around down there. You can also drift the lake and catch a few. The water temp is pretty much the same all through the different depths because there is so much current. I'd start about 200 ft below where the boat launch is after you hit the main river channel. When you get to the main river channel DO NOT GO UP. You will not have a boat or motor left if you do. That is, when you get to the main river channel, go left and not right. The largest motor you can use on the lake is 60hp, so if your motor is larger, you will need to remove the prop before you can launch. Good luck!

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Do need a permit or anything on Lake Adger?

5. seaark

seaark New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    You do not need a permit to fish the lake. The only thing you will need to do is remove your prop on your boat motor if it is greater than 60hp. I need to clear up the motor issue. You can actually use any size motor on the lake. There are no hp restictions. The only problem is the land you have to cross to get to the only landing on the lake is private land. The landing is owned by NCDNR. The man that owns the land around the lake is a @#$%$#@, and he doesn't want anyone using a motor any bigger. He thinks he owns the water and can tell anyone what to do. The disscusion has gotten very heated at times. He can have you arrested for trespassing and might just do it if he sees you using a motor on the lake greater than 60hp. If he sees that the prop has been removed nothing will be said, and you can install your prop on the water, but make sure to remove it before coming off the lake and hopfully he want see you using the motor. I haven't been in a while for this very reason. I am looking to find a smaller boat so I can get down there and fish. It is really a nice lake, with some excellent fishing.

6. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    That's silly on the DNR's part to have a landing without a right of way.