Does any body use bobbers while catfishing on any rivers?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Capt.mike jr, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Capt.mike jr

Capt.mike jr New Member

State:
    ohio
    Am i the only one that does this or what?

2. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I bottom fish myself

3. paylakin23

paylakin23 New Member

State:
    ohio
    yea i have fished a fewe times with bobber on the river i have cought a couple nive cats tat way

4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I use them here on the Tn river.
    Pete

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    In the rite circumstances I'll use em on the Delaware. This river hauls a$$. Best time to use em is at slack tide so ya can work those area that if ya bottom fish its gonna cost ya a rig. LOL!

6. Kat-addict

Kat-addict New Member

State:
    ohio
    Use them all the time for channels ! Hard to beat watching a floater rocket down !!

7. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Mike,
    I use them about 30% of the time that I'm Catfishing
    But it all depends on the conditions and the speed of the current here at the Ca. Delta (River). :0a23:
    :wink:

8. beetle

beetle New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mike, I use them sometimes...depends on the river conditions.

9. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Tried them a few times (BIG ONES) on the Mississippi, didn't go so well because there was waaayyyy too much current. Probably be a good tactic if you could find the right current break. Finding any current break last year was pretty difficult with all of the flooding.:tounge_out:

10. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I have used them but have never caught anything other than channels yet. They seem like they would work great for a good controlled drift in light current.

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Never used a bobber in a river, or a lake for that matter.

12. BobbyLee

BobbyLee New Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohio
    Mike, I use noodle bobbers when conditions call for it or if I want to cover more area. Biggest Flathead I caught last year came from a gill 5 feet under a noodle bobber.

13. catfishDK

catfishDK New Member

State:
    cincinnati OH
    i sometimes use a slipfloat along shallow rocky river banks (OH RVR) with night crawlers or small live shad when the blues are spawning

14. coolbreeze70

coolbreeze70 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Yes when the time is right I use bobbers on the Cumberland River in Tennessee. You work alot more but in the early evening when the cats are feeding near the surface it can get interesting.

15. crazycat1

crazycat1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Bobbers work ecellent if you have the right conditions. I look for a place that either swirls or is slack water, and I always use a straw. I have caught quite a few 50 plus under a float.:roll_eyes:

16. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use them to float live perch over log jams.

17. tacraft61

tacraft61 New Member

State:
    Powell, Ohio, U
    we use the large bobbers with 1/2 oz to 3 oz weights with live bait.it work rather well in the eddy's or slow drifting past log jambs and laydowns:wink:

18. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Not sure how big of slip floats everyone is using. But we have 2 people in Ar that are using our Fat kat Bobbers up to 8" long ( I have some made up that is 12" long) They allow the wind or current to take there bait up where the fish are.
    So if you need something bigger let me know. I do plan on adding the bigger ones to our site soon.
    Pete

19. Eudora

Eudora New Member

State:
    Lambertville, MI
    I use them sometimes. I'll factor them in if the coditions call for them, and if I'm in the mood. Fishing bobbers can be a very productive and fun way to fish cats on a river. Flatheads are sometimes better suited to a bait suspended well off the bottom, and some might argue that the closer to the surface, the better. The jury's still out in my mind. In short, I'm still trying to learn to utilize floats to their full potential when fishing flatheads. Good luck!

20. 10POUNDER

10POUNDER New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Couldn't have said it better myself ! Good Post ! :cool2: