Dodgers offer Manny $25 Mil/one year.

Discussion in 'Baseball Talk' started by opposum, Feb 3, 2009.

1. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    Bad economy? I just saw on ESPN where the Dodgers offer Manny $25 million for a one year contract.:eek:oooh: Are you kidding me? I can't see how anyone is worth this kind of money for any kind of sport.

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    LMAO!!!! that is just ignorant, and the FANS that pay for it are DUMB! But I guess they keep forking it over every season so they can afford it :eek:oooh: On the other note, I am going to go out on a limb here and say that the Cards won't be testing the waters for him :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

3. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't know about $25 for a one year contract for someone, but they do need to spend a little to make some improvements. What would Sir Albert be worth on the fee market?:eek:oooh:

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hard to say what he would fetch, personally I don't think any Pro athlete is worth any more than a good Doctor, but if they want to make the ridiculous money then it should be earned, and paid at the end of each season as far as their performance.......... Might actually see more players "TRY" a little harder then they do after they get the big money.... :wink: I'm not taken anything from them, hey if they can get it from someone then good for them, I would too, LOL. Just think it is foolish money being spent. Guess thats why I stick to listening to the games on the radio while fishing, LOL.

5. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Poor ole Manny needs the money so he can afford a haircut(in case you hadn't noticed).LOL The sad part is the fans are the one's that are ultimately paying these big salaries not the owners.

6. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    That money would be better spent on some young talent that really wants to play for the love of the game. Manny can kiss my bass.

7. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    I'm with you...I also think they might try harder if they were paid at the end of the season or once a month like most people are. Personally I've seen Manny play and the effort just wasn't there. Over paid, lazy, not worth $25 Million.

I am guilty of going to one game each year. I go to watch the Royals and the Cards in K.C. every year. The rest of the time I follow the Cards every chance I get...t.v. or radio.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Well I guess the $25 mil a year isn't enough for ol Many :crazy: :smile2: Must want to come to the STL and play with Albert eh? :smile2: :smile2: