Dodge Challenger stays true to its roots

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by wolfman, Aug 3, 2006.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Here is a couple of pictures of the new 2008 Dodge Challenger inspired by the 1970 Challenger

Attached Files:

2. Thats a sweet as heck lookin ride. How much one of those cost?

3. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    couldnt find a price on it, but it comes with a hemi V8.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Looks like a great wedding gift from your new Mrs Wolf. LMAO

5. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    oohhh I want one!!!! Don't care, old or new.

6. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I don't think they have released a price yet. Probably won't be available until late next year either.

7. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    If it rides and runs anything like the new Charger then they can keep them. It is one sweet looking retro though.

8. Nightprowler

Nightprowler New Member

State:
    ohio
    WOW..That is a Bad!#@ ride.That thing has got some lines on it.Love to take it for a spin.

9. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    In the side by side pic, the old one is smiling the new one looks a little droopy to me. lol

10. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    It comes with the 6.1L HEMI V8 with 425 horsepower, and 425 ft lbs of torque! To put that into perspective the 2006 Dodge 2500 with a Cummins Diesel puts out 305 horsepower and 555 ft lbs of torque. For a car that is some neck snapping torque!

Aaron

TA2D

11. suddawg

suddawg New Member

I'm not a huge Mopar fan, although I do like the way it looks. Here's what I'm talking about though. Not quite as much as the Hemi, but still a flawless engine that's proved it's worth in the Corvette. 400 horsepower, 6.0 liter LS2 V8.

And it's in the upcoming Transformers movie as the new "bumblebee"

Later
    SudDawg
    2 weeks and I'm out

Attached Files:

12. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    The challenger look smore like a retro camero than the bumblebee.lol. The new camero looks like one of the new Chrysler's. Mustang will put this out of business as well. Chevy will charge too much and put the money into the hp instead of the quality.

13. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    My first car was a '71 Barracuda (Plymouth version of Challenger), and the new model looks like the real thing to me. As much as I would love to own one, though, it aint gonna happen. Well, maybe if I won the lottery, lol.

14. suddawg

suddawg New Member

Aw a FORD lover! You can have your "CrapSTANG" along with all the other 3 million people in the country. God I can't stand that blue oval. Mustangs are garbage, and the only Mustangs that can come close to the performance of Chevy and Mopar are ones that are created outside of Ford. I.E. Saleen, Shelby, etc.

Of course I really just hate Ford in general. Blame it on my family. I'm a fourth generation Ford hater! :big_smile:

SudDawg

15. suddawg

suddawg New Member

And speaking of which, I actually did one of those dumb commercials for Larry Puckett Chevrolet when I bought my Avalanche there in 2004 before I got to Offutt. It actually was quite embarrasing, but you think I would do that for a Ford dealership.........yeah, for the right price of course. :lol:

SudDawg

16. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

they were a sweet ride back in the day and look just as good now.

17. 1sporticus

1sporticus Active Member

State:
    Iowa
    I put the first 50 miles on a 2004 GTO, I wasn't to impressed with the way it looked,but it's a very well built under carraige which is Australian made with a rollbar built in, with a Corvette engine and tranny, and I'm here to tell you it's a ticket getter. I couldn't drive it long and keep my licence. The GTO belongs to a very close friend, and he is 73 1/2 right now, and he loves it. The new Dodge is a great looking car, and I need a closer look. Any Idea on prices yet? Later Andy

18. GaryF

GaryF New Member

State:
    O.P., KS
    The Charger with the Hemi is in the upper 30's. I wouldn't expect the new Challenger to be any less than that.

19. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama

HaHaHaHaHaHa....you Bow-tie wearing Auburn fans are all a like. You can still fish in my nboat anyday bro. I'll drive us in my '78 Ford so we won't be late or walking.

20. suddawg

suddawg New Member

LMAO, thanks bro.

SudDawg
    2 weeks and counting.....YES!!!:crazy: