Doctor Sal / Ask the Doctor a Question, Get the help you need.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DeerHunter01, May 31, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Well back by popular demand, Dr Sal Abby: Please if you have problems just ask the Doctor thats why we have Dr Sal Abby here with us on the BOC.

First bit of Business is the A-Team :

H2O Mellon and Flathunter:

Dr Abby: could you tell us what to do about H2O Mellon wanting to quit fishing that he is bored with it, leaving his partner all alone to fend for himself ?

And will Mellon and Flathunter ever get along ?

Will Mellon quit using the flashlight when he is scared a boogie man will jump out and get him ?

Will Flathunter find the fish this year ?

-------------------------------------------------

JW (Dreadnaught)

Will dreadnaught ever get his boat running up to par ?

Will dreadnaught catch a fish bigger then 5 Pounds this year ?

Only you can help Doctor Sal Abby: Please take your time and answer the above questions.

2. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well, pole envy can be a very difficult thing to deal with for long standing partners. When one is getting a lil more action than the other partner, the act of coveting soon sets in and youre left after a time bored, thinking of other fish, or worse yet, with an unbaited pole in your hand an no movement at all for hours. The last thing you need is a sack-o-potatoes when you're ready to get on the waves.

It really needs to be worked out.

The thought of dumping your partner because he is getting all of/or the first big action is new to most men. The women who are partners on a boat can attest to this, especially if they are married to said male ounterpart boat partner. The women especially usually get their big bite on their own after the men or after considerably more work, or in some cases on their own after their male partner is already asleep.

I do not in my professional opinion suggest that these two fine individuals break up their boating relationship. Rather, I suggest that they spend a little time trolling other waters. Perhaps trying to target a new species, or even just going for long rides or sitting by a campfire discussing their past excursions. BEWARE- you dont ever want to tell your new partner what a big one your previous partner had on some other trip. The only thing they need to know in a sensitive time such as this is that their fishing technique is adequate or better and that nobody hooks them like their partner.

And try new things! Heck... if the ole shrip isnt gonna cut it tonight, whip out a fat bream! If the fishnets arent doing it, work with their jugs! Rent Videos and watch em together! Dont be afraid! Everyone does it!

Remember- there's more than one way to have your whopper, and ceartainly there are many who both have theirs on at the same time. It is in the experience of KNOWING what your partner is looking for in a fishing friend, combined with years of good experience, that make for some of the sweetest and most memorable nights.

And one other thing- Not everyone likes the lights on. I keep my hat light off until Im ready to put some slimy lips in my hand. That bell better be ringing when Im giving it my all, before the lights come on. Consider these things and your partnership can last years.

Tight lines.

Dr Salabby.

I will answer the others later on.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dr Sal,
    My wife is a 25 year old that babysits my cousins for a living. The job is great as she gets to stay with Madison all day long and gets paid of course. She started subbing for the school system this year and she loves it. Next year she will be able to sub more and possibly go full time in the Cafeteria. The job will be great with great benefits. She will have to quit babysitting my cousins that may cause a hardship there with my aunt and uncle. The money will be great when she goes full time but until then she will be on call, and who knows, she could not work at all during the week. We are not rich by any means and money can be tight sometimes. What are your suggestions Dr. Sal??

Sincerely,
    Poor man in Ohio

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I'm thinking of changeing my sex. Any tips or suggestions? LOL!

5. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Drednaught's boat problems seemto run deeper than the boat itself. It is my assumption that it is the owner and not the item that is keeping this ole girl from being waterworthy.

I'd venture to assume that he want ceartain expectations from this boat: Exectations such a being able to float, a working motor, etcetera. Well brother, not even the titanic could meet that expectation on her maiden voyage and she was brand spanking new! What do you want? to walk on water?

I suggest that Drenaught drop the charade and dream smaller. a PFD really is all you need. Become "ONE" with your bobber... or become the bobber.

as for as a fish bigger than 5 pounds, well... depending on the perspective of view, using a pdf as your means of fishing and having any size fish on the hook may qualify him as reeling in something larger than 5 lbs, especially if he does not mind reeling in a sucker.

Dr Salabby

6. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Hmm.... an actual question.... Im perplexed!

Let me answer you by putting this all back on you. Do you sleep soundly enough to have a woman in your home that deals with 25-32 children all day long? Do you find the smell of MSG and gravy sexy and exciting? How bout canned peas? If so, then the road that leads to lunch lady land is paved with perfume.

If not, then babysitting may be your only proper course.

Dr Salabby

7. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Well, first off, if being a boy named "Sue" was tough for Johnny Cash, then you better bet that being a girl named "Big George" is gonna be tougher than watching a daschsund with a boner trying to climb concrete steps.

I cant blame you for wanting to wear women's clothes and such. Heck, it took me a better part of my formative years to get into a girl's pants. Once I got there I realized it wasnt the pants I was after... but to each his own.

Here's your problem Big George- If you wanted to be a girl you cannot be so.... so ..... So bald, to be frank with you. You'd have to do so successfully, and in your case that means either reattaching your head upside down, or doing a massive combover and telling everyone that you're just an Italian girl.

Sad part is at best you'd look like Bride of Frankenstein if you tried- that fur look a lil wirey and it doesnt look easy to perm, to calm down, or to whip into a beehive like Marge Simpson.

Good luck.

Im sure you'll find the apple is more enjoyable with the stem intact.

Salabby

And yes, that is a real live true to God fish in my avatar. Dreamcatcher took ythe pic and Hearkitty is also a witness.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sal,
    Sometimes I feel like a nut, and sometimes I dont. Any suggestions??

Nutty Professor

9. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Please see my response to Big George. Most of it ought to qualify for your specific needs.

Salabby.

10. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    Dr. Sal,
    if i know that they know that i know they know then who knows???

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dr. Sal,
    How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood??

Bucky Beaver

12. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dr. Sal,
    If an electric train is traveling 50 mph going west, and the wind is blowing 50 mph east. Then which way is the smoke blowing??

Smokey Engineer

13. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Aww come on... you know.

Even I knew that one! Ya know what I mean?

Salabby

14. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Would this have any realtion to the wood that Chief had to deal with recently in another thread....?

Cause if so, then I dont think it would be any.

Salabby

15. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Dear Sal; I have a pneumatic bumper jack that i am having trouble with. Can you please stop by and show me how to operate it? thanks

16. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Smokey Engineer,

Up my posterior, aparently.

Salabby

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO at Phil, you may feel a little discomfort when operating it Sal. hehehe

18. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Do you have a block wall and a set of stairs? Cause I got this amazing trick I could show you. It may not help the jack any, but it sure will lighten your mood!

Salabby

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Dr Sal,
    My name is well, dont want to use my real name so we will just call me Mellon. I like to fish, well, not sure how to say this. It is what some call a $$$lake. I have had no luck fishing with my buddy Jack so I figured I needed to try something different. One of my buddies found out about this though and told everyone about my recent addiction. What should I do. Every time I drive by the $$$lake it calls my name.....Mellon........Mellon.....Mellon.

Thanks,
    Mellon (Not my real name)

20. Gator

Gator New Member

State:
    Ludowici GA
    Dr. Sal do you think that DH and JW make a better couple than H02 and Flat???????