Dock Street to 14th street..were you there?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by flattop67, Apr 6, 2009.

1. flattop67

flattop67 New Member

State:
    New Kent County, VA
    Put in at Osborne Landing and ran to the train trestle at Southern States.
    First time trying for shad with no luck.

My daughter and I had a great trip and great weather.

Took some pics of the flotilla, all anchored on the southern side of the James. We were either too early or too late for the bite as I only saw three fish brought in.

Hopefully somebody on here might be in the pictures.

I have really enjoyed reading all the free advice and helpful hints posted here.

Hope to see you out on the water.

Kevin
    New Kent County

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I was out Saturday up by the Annabelle lee, they were slamming them. Shad and Herring. I didn't make it out yesterday too bad the bite was slow. Last year I only had 1 good day during the run. I hope it's not over....:sad2:

3. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    That looks like a busy day out on the water. Great pictures of a great day.

Welcome to the BOC, Kevin! :0a25:

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Friday the fishing was pretty good, Saturday, I heard even better. I went yesterday and the river was darn near in flood, ugly, triple volume of water, muddy, and full of logs of every size. I never saw a Shad caught. I put my gill net in for two minutes and caught 15 lovely hickory shad. The fish are there, just don't like muddy water.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Kevin, first off welcome to the best outdoors site known to man. Thanks for the nice pics and judging from the amount of boats, i would say their catching something.

6. flattop67

flattop67 New Member

State:
    New Kent County, VA
    Kenneth, it's been a while since I had a boat that could go on the James and I have to agree about the muddy high water. I was like an obstacle course trying to avoid all the logs. The trip was basically a shakedown for our Carolina Skiff.

Country Hart, thanks for the welcome. I have been lurking for a while and really enjoy the good nature of everyone on here.

I am the Postmaster in Charles City and will be on the water around Wilcox Wharf east and on the Chick.

Thanks for the nice comments.

Kevin

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I missed it that you are new on the board. Welcome and thanks for the great pictures. Keep the posts coming.