dock rod holders?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by kyledbarnes, Nov 16, 2008.

1. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    anybody have any rod holding ideas for a set up on a boat dock?

2. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    You could probably adapt any kind of baot rod holder. My favorite holders are beeready rodholders. Kinda expensive for a dock though. You might look into welding some pipe to a piece of flat steel then screwing it down to the dock.

3. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    I was wondering the same thing, does anybody know where I can buy a pier rod holder? I like to fish for halibut in Long Beach Ca, off this pier that hold alot of fish; and was just thinking how cool it would be to have a pier holder so I can fish with another set-up.

Jaime

4. Trahviiz

Trahviiz Member

State:
    Indianapolis
  5. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks travis; unfortunately I have no way of making my own rod holders. Those were some nice rod hoders though.
    What I had in mind was a set in which you could clamp it on to the railing, something compact.

Jaime

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Just get you a length of 1 1/2" pvc to hold your rod. Buy a bundle of plastic ties at the dollar store and use 2 or 3 to attach the pvc to the rail or post. Cut the plastic tie when done. Cost you about a dime per use.

7. catfish10101

catfish10101 New Member

State:
    Des Allemands,
    Use a 2 inch hole saw. Cut holes where you want your poles, place poles in holes. Done deal.:smile2:

8. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Thanks Jerry! I think I know what you mean. I have never made anything myself, I will have to try and make one.

9. janzaldo

janzaldo New Member

State:
    South Gate, Cal
    Hi Blake, please excuse my ignorance, but what is a hole saw? is it expensive? can I pick one up at my local hardware store?

Jaime

10. kyledbarnes

kyledbarnes New Member

State:
    south carolina
    those are some pretty good ideas except my dad won't let me drill holes in the dock so i problably will go with the one with the pvc an the zip ties, could you explain that again with a little more detail?

11. Julie - Tite Lok

Julie - Tite Lok New Member

State:
    Indiana

We have clamp mounts on our website you may view. part numbers are 5608, 5605, and 5601.

The 5601 opens to 1 1/2"
    5605 opens to 2 1/2"
    5608 opens to 2".

I've seen some picture of people using these for pier fishing.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Julie
    Tite Lok