Do your co-workers eat your food????

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SkipEye, Jun 24, 2009.

1. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Sorry if this is a RANT!!!:roll_eyes:

It gripes my tail though. Over and over I see my stash of food getting eaten away slowly but surely. I leave eggs and smoked jowl (among other things) in the fridge to cook up for lunch occassionally and I see it disappearing more often than not, couple eggs here, smoked jowl there, bread etc......

We all make super money here at work and I have been here 13 years, most are long-timers. Why in the H$#*% do people think that they can help themselves. I don't eat anyone else's stuff because I think it's rude. It's not the cost that bothers me either, I have invited co-workers many times and cooked breakfast for a whole gaggle of them. There is no shortage of space and it isn't getting tossed out, it is merely disappearing slowly.

Does this happen at your workplace?

What do you think about it?

I know there are bigger things in life to worry about but I really wanted to gripe, ok?:smile2:

2. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    there is a way to fix that problem. More then likely it is only 1 or 2 people. make up some exlax brownies heavy on the exlax. and put in there. been there, done that. After a couple times of getting the chit's. they'll stop.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Don't waste good exlax. Get yourself a few good hits of acid. They will be easy to spot after that. :wink:

4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Thanks BG.... I just knew you'd come along with the definitive solution to the problem!:smile2:

That would definatly 'smoke em out' so you could spot them!

5. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    I know your pain Skip. Ill tell you how I dealt with it. I knew who was doing it, and could never prove it, and this guy was a real a$$hole, and I didnt want to lose my job by whooping his a$$, so I ground up a bunch of small glass at home, and put it in some hamburger helper. He left work sick one day, and didnt come back for a month. I thought he died, and I was getting real worried. He did this to alot of other people too, and they were so happy that he left, but then he came back, but he never ate anyone elses lunches ever again. We all shoot little smirks to each other when we see him in the lunchroom now. An older fella I used to work with taught me that little trick. He told me I would never have problems from the culprit again. He was right. :smile2: True Story.

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Used to happen to me at work. I was going to suggest using bigger bait!!:wink::wink:

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    EXLAX AND ACID..AND THE GLASS...that would do it im pretty sure

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Put a little dip bait between bread in a sealed container on there.:eek:oooh:

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a different take on this. If a man is hungry enough to steal food I would continue to feed him. I would make an open announcement in the lunchroom, saying such. This would probably embarrass them enough that they would quit.

10. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    You are a good man, Mickey.

11. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    Put a snake in your lunch box!!:wink:

12. KC Jayhawk 78

KC Jayhawk 78 New Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ks
    Mickey, that would be the right thing to do, but in my experience, its usually not that the man is hungry, its that he is greedy. These people dont want to spend their own money on food, and they would rather steal others food. In my opinion, they need to be taught a lesson, and learn the hard way.

13. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Darryl, a few drops of TSS "wild bills thrill" will stop it.....you'll find 'em then...just don't forget and eat some yourself :smile2:

i like that stuff, but a little bit goes a loooong way:big_smile:

14. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Since i like my life and am not into anul or prison sex lmao i would try something that would not lead to attempted murder

15. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Skipper, quit the GD job and quit complaining. You've made enough money to retire. Let the SOB's starve.

16. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Ol Skip if you really want this to STOP buy some hot sauce called {dave's insanty sauce} and load up on it with whatever your going to bring to eat ..lol dave's taste like junk hot sauce but it will make bring you to your knee's . If you can't buy it where you live pm me i send you some free of charge.

17. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Yep, it works. My hubby did that to a guy that he worked with one time. He loaded up a couple of burritos from Taco Bell and gave 'em to the guy. Last time he took anything of Bo's!!:smile2:

18. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How do you get hot sauce in an egg? lol Some one knows who is eating it. The food you describe takes time to cook and I know it would smell pretty good too. So just ask who has been eating your stuff and tell them to stop it. Or, do the acid thing, that could be very entertaining! lmao:eek:oooh::crazy::smile2:

19. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i to had this prob one time i new who was doing it it was a older man that made more mony than most in ouer shop he was a real tight wad he saved scrap paper at work for righting paper at home yea he was bad but i broke his sorry A$$ at this time i had a siamese cat well you got it i cleaned the litter box and made his sorry A$$ a cat poo poo sandwich :eek:oooh: yep he took the bait needless to say he dident want my food ever agen Chit on a shingle works every time take and make your littel friend a chit sandwich from your little dogs turds lol:big_smile::big_smile::big_smile::tounge_out::tounge_out::tounge_out:

20. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Happens here all the time, i just go to the cafe in the dealership building and get fresh food now...cant say much other than what has been said already, except i dont know about the glass bit, i think that was pretty harsh , but hey he stopped right