Do you use Kat Bobbers?

Discussion in 'WILD WOLF TACKLE' started by ShilohRed, Jul 30, 2009.

Do you use our Kat bobbers?

1. Yes I use the Kat Bobbers

2. No I don't use the Kat Bobbers

3. Yes I use the Fat Kat Bobbers

4. No I don't use the Fat Kat Bobbers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    This poll is to see how many people on the BOC has used our Kat Bobbers or Fat Kat bobbers?
    Pete

2. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    No, i dont use them. Im too cheap!

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have 3 Kat Bobbers and would have no problem using them, but I don't very often. I tried them once and I have no confidence in the stop I used. I can't help but feeling the bait is still laying on the bottom. I only bank fish and I just don't feel the stop holds after casting the rig as far as I can. If I fished from a boat, it would be a different story.

4. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    I have looked at their site and think they are great products. My bank fishing I have no need for them. When I'm in a boat I generally don't use a rod and reel. But I still will probably purchase a couple in the near future just so I have them if the need arises. So even though I have never used them but plan on getting some I will vote yes.

5. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I use them here Pete. I have 1/2 dozen different sizes.

6. wvcatfisherman

wvcatfisherman Active Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I have never tried them. Are they any good?

7. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Dave the bobber stop instructions page that one Holds for me in the boils at Pickwick dam in Tn. This is fishing 3 oz of lead and a lb shad or skipjack. Never had it to slip yet even fishing where the water is boiling up 3 to 4ft high and running 5 MPH or better current.

Mike They work great off the bank also. We have lots of people that only bank fish. As they have no boat, but still catch lots of fish using them off the bank.
    Check out this thread
    http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119265

Jim yes there good. Built tough to handle being used. If you don't break one off or hit it against a rock wall at full cast. They will hold up to being used for months. I have some that I have been using for over 2 years. Other than the noodle showing wear the rest is good to go.

8. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I use them. In fact I will be using them tomorrow with bullhead and black perch.

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    hi pete.ya know i use them got a 5 gallon bucket full in differant sizes

10. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I'd rather fish on the bottom and save the money :smile2:.

11. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Thats great, But this time of year your missing out on some of the best fishing. Go look through Poison Pits post. He has caught lots of big fish using them.
    Also This thread on them http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119265
    The people that never fish off bottom have no ideal how many days there not catching when the fish are off the bottom. And theres times theres more fish in the top 5 ft to 12 ft level then on bottom.
    Pete

12. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    I havent used them but i really want to...but 3-5$$ a piece though!!

13. ronniethomas

ronniethomas Member

State:
    iowa
    Gotta say i've never used em maybe if i knew where to get them at i would at least give em a try and see if they were for me or not. I fish mostly rivers in heavy current so i don't know as if they would work so great in those conditions or not.

14. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Get them from Wild Wolf Products. They are a sponsor on this site. If you use them on a river use them were the water is in an eddy. They work great.

15. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    When you are driftin' 1 rod rod with Kat Bobber, 1 rod with out. Give em double trouble. Great Product

16. Kelly G

Kelly G New Member

State:
    South Carolina, Conway
    I was going to order some and when I went to check out the shipping was figured on a dollar amount and was way TOO HIGH.

17. Dsage

Dsage Active Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas
    Pete you know I use them any chance I can. I have more than I would like to say and in every size. They are a great addition to fishing. I use mine along with a pole on the bottom and I feel that I can cover more water this way.

18. kitsinni

kitsinni New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have used them and have caught fish with them. My only complaint is they are a beast to reel back in. Also the string tends to wrap around them. I fixed the second issue by using a bobber straw. I would be more likely to use them if they were somehow angled to reel in easier.

19. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    I wouldn't be without them. They are the best method I know of for channels, and I have caught many flatheads with them as well. There is a place on the James river where I bet I could slam some monster blues too.

stops- I use 30 lb mono for my stops. Loop em around the main line and tiee the loop to the main, cinch and trim. Will NEVER slide even with 6 oz sinker and big bait.

Boat- anchor above obstruction. Drift bait right into, around structure. Result-deadly. Doesn't matter whether you ar in 4 feet of water or 50 feet. How about standing trees that are 25 feet high in 50 feet of water. Drift bait at 24 feet and have a great day.

Shore- Little different set up. Sinker on bottom of 3 way rig, enough to hold bottom bait suspended at the depth you choose.

Flatheads- a lively gill thrashing a foot below the surface in three feet of water 3 feet from shore at 2 am. You can see the flatties tail as he engulfs the gill..... that is exciting!

Y'all can whine about the expense but I see $2000.00 fishfinders, $100.00 rolls of power pro, $150.00 abu's $1.00 hooks.... My bobbers are 4 years old. Wish I had more glow sticks even tho I rarely use them.

Boys, bottom line is if you aren't using bobbers in your arsenal, I GUARANTEE you are missing quality fish. I can't tell you how many times they have saved my trip.

How many of you have retrieved your bait at the end of the night and your bait is covered in slimy green stuff or covered with silt? Guess what... your bait was buried and you were asking a fish to use his sense of smell to find it and dig it out. An aggressively feeding fish will do this. A non agrressive fish?
    Now use a bobber and place that same bait inches or feet above bottom... right in front of the fishes mouth. Aggressive or non aggressive, you gotta bet that your chances are better with the bobber!

20. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Pete I was sold with a post Johnnie, AKA Poisonpits, made a few months back. I order some through one of your retailers, and love them. I have the Fat Kat Bobbers.