do you think superglue would damage my mono line??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by brandonbtbt, Oct 7, 2009.

1. brandonbtbt

brandonbtbt New Member

State:
    Cambridge, OH
    okay so i run 40# solar green monofilament big game line... today i just rigged up a rod so i have a "permanent" bobber combo because we all know riggin one up is a pain in the a$$.... anyways i was having problems with my bobber stop knot slipping so i added a dab of superglue to keep it from moving... i also put a dab on each of my knots (3 total)...

do you think the superglue will damage the mono line or have no effect what so ever?

2. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I would think not, but there might be chemicals in the super glue you used that might damage the line. so id look into all the ingredients in your glue and see what that purpose is. And if you break off when you shouldnt have broke off, you know it damaged it

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i don't know but would think that the chemicals in the glue would weaken the mono. i'd test it before i took the chance of loosing the fish of a lifetime.

4. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Branden I use Berkley Glue on knots and have no problems with break offs.

5. catfishfearme

catfishfearme New Member

State:
    govecity,ohio
    Take 4 feet of it,Put some glue on it, Let it dry and pull hard on it and you'll get you're answer,But then,It mite take it time to slowly eat away at it, YOU KNOW LIKE A EX WIFE:angry::smile2::smile2::cool2::wink:

6. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Learn patiences, use rubber-bands for stops and forget about the glue. What else but time, do you have when waiting on a bite?

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i think a little bit would be alright..heard of people using it on knots for a long time..doesnt seem like they would do it if it damaged the line..but hey..people do messed up stuff all the:smile2: time