Do You tell the truth or LIE?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jdstraka, Jul 1, 2006.

1. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    When your pulling your boat out, and your at the ramp,and there is other folks putting theres in and ask if you have had any luck and if I have and kept a copple to eat I'll reach in the livewell and pull out the bigest one and show um as I puff out my chest all the while and tell them there hitting like the dickens. now the questions start to come. now if they happen it have a better boat than I have and if there pickup is new then if I cought them at the south end of the lake it automaticly becomes the north end. and if I was useing cut bait, whamo turns into I never use anything but worms, and if I was drifting 15FT. water, I was ancored fishing the shore line. Now do you suppose I'll go to Hell for these small indiscresions.after all the big man upstairs had some good friends that fished.Just wondering how much trouble Im in for fessing up to this lack of character folks? L.O.L.I know the Devil mad me do it. Bigcatman0816:smile2:

2. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Not a lie, just simple deception. Commonly used in the fishing world. :roll_eyes: I guess...

3. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well John, I personally always tell the truth. It seems nobody believes what a fisherman says anyway! lol That way I good with me and the man upstairs.:big_smile:

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well John, I learned something a little while back. There are people that go around the lakes and ask because it is their job. I forget their title, but they actually either walk or ride an assigned area to keep track of what people are catching and how they caught it, so the stock of fish are tracked and stocked in those areas. I believe they are called creel workers.

I would love to have a job like that! Here is an article, so after you read it you can decide whether to stretch the truth or not next time!

http://www.greatfallstribune.com/news/stories/20040805/localsports/981977.html

Check out creel workers in your state. I read about this in a TN magazine but the above article was all I could find at the moment.

Hope this helps.

5. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC

I had a job with fla fish n game as creel checker one winter. 18ft boat, 85 merk, free gas/. didn't pay much but I got to fish tween checkin sections of lake. enjoyed a coupla times catchin a few under others noses when they wern't gettin a bite! LOL
    trouble is it was just a 6 mo. parttime job.

6. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    John, I don't think God will punish you for that.I do tell the truth, when they ask me where I caught them I just say,below the dam or above the dam.Which ever I was fishing... :big_smile:

7. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    unless they witnessed me catch something its a, "nope, nothing biting today. starting to wonder if theres any fish in here!". in my area good spots to fish are too hard to find and hold onto to be honest:big_smile:

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I always tell people I have caught nothing, and most of the time I am telling the truth!

9. metalfisher

metalfisher New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I read a magazine article some years ago that said, "Never let a truck full of fishermen know there is a fish on your line."

However, I will tell you all I can to help you catch the fish that I didn't.

Robert

10. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    If I'm asked that. I look right at them & tell them "get your pole and find out". I get some funny looks from some others LOL or just walk away. But most of the time they go on and don't ask me anything else. LOL

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I wouldn't care if it was a 3 month job, it would be a dream job! Sounds like you enjoyed it. I don't think you have to have a college degree to get this job. Is that correct?

12. Trophy Hunter

Trophy Hunter New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I only eat catfish 2 times a month so generally they are released. So, when asked if we had any luck I can reply honestly and say we won't be having fish for dinner.

13. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    dont worry you wont go to heck for that and if you dont you wont be alone!!

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Most of the time I tell the truth,everyone that knows me knows I usually get skunked.The ones that got away usually are whales...:lol:

15. "In the water" usually suffices for me.

16. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    John, I'd tell them the truth 50 different ways before I'd lie to 'em...:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Conversation enriches the understanding, but solitude is the soul of genius.

17. flaboy

flaboy New Member

State:
    Wedgefield, SC
    yes, it was a great job but when a opening came open, I didn't have 3 college biology credits so I was not considered!:angry:

18. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Fisherman don't lie they ssttrreettcchh the tru_____th. and bend an ear just to reel them in. Sometimes the telling is more fun than the not catching.

19. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    i think its just so people dont know your favorite holes. its used by MORE people than you think because im sure everyone on this site says alot like that. i for one say it just to make myself look good! :cool2: :tounge_out:

20. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I always tell em, "Ya shoulda been here yesterday, and wait till tommorow! " LOL!