Do you take your significant other with you or leave them at home?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Jeremy Sheffey, Aug 4, 2009.

Do you take your significant other with you all the time fishing?

1. YES

2. NO

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    This is a little question i have going through my head. I think it would be interesting to find out how many of us actually take our wife, girlfriend, husband, boyfriend or whatever else you call them, with you fishing on a regular bases. im not talking about the once a year thing. if so why? if not, why? pros/cons to ether.

2. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    I do and quite alot.She doesnt go all the time as I take kids with me alot of times also,but she enjoys fishing.And especially likes Catfishing.I believe it is good quality time to spend together.Sure works for me.:big_smile:

3. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    my fiance' doesnt like to fish at all....she looks like a barbie and acts like one half the time. When Ken fishes he must leave barbie at home. haha

4. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Well there's still time to see if she will conform....

5. LMHart

LMHart New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    My GF looks as if she would not fish, but she was raised country. So she fishes. Baits her own hook and will even take them off the hook. Plus will cook them. Only thing she does not do is clean them.

She is even taking her daughter fishing for the first time this week. They are going 'gill hunting. She promised if I am good she will keep some of them to use as cut bait.

If only she was going on a day I was heading out that night. I could have live gills without having to spend an hour catching them.

6. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    my wife is always with me, she drags me outta the house sometimes,, and she can ALMOST outfish me. for me its im by myself maybe once a month

7. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I take my wife fishing anytime she wants to go. She won't fish with me in the winter but the rest of the year she likes to go. I fish a lot, so she doesn't go with me every time, but she will go out with me once or twice a week. I wish she would go some in the winter, I would have a much better chance of putting her on a big blue.

8. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Mine doesn't fish at all. I love her but I don't need her with me 24/7 and fishing is my time, LOL. We have been married for 14 years..together for over 20 and she has never ever once told me I cant go fishing. I think our time apart is part of our success in our marriage ; )

I have two kids and during the warm enough months they go with me about once a week or so. I do enjoy them out there as much as they are willing to go but they also understand that sometimes its dad and his BoC brothers night out alone.

Sometimes I just wanna drink a beer, curse a lot , and talk about women with the boys.....cant have the wife and kids hearing all that now can we ; )~

-Jim-

9. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    My wife has really started to like fishing and has actually out fished me several times lately but if nothing else it gives us some time together outside of the house.

10. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nothing any better then taking your best friend fishing! Wives or girlfriends should go if they wish too. I certainly would highly recommending taking em. Closeness is a bond and fishing is a bond for me!

11. Mako

Mako New Member

State:
    HOPE MILLS, NC
    My wife doesnt care for fishing so she doesnt go. I would like it if she went every once in a while.

12. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    Man, I wish she would go with me. Every so often she'll break down and go, but she "just doesn't like to get stinky." It's ok, I "just don't like to meander around the mall for hours either." :smile2:

13. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    I take her whenever I can get her to go, but she is a fair weather fisherwoman,HA,HA.

14. Jeremy Sheffey

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    lots of good comments coming in....like i said mine doesnt much care for it...and its kinda my time anyway so it works out ok for me....

15. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I fish with my girlfriend Christie 100% of the time. We've been together for along time and neither have kids, so we spend our taking fishing trips around NC, VA and SC. She love's it as much as I do, so I wouldn't even consider leaving her at home.

16. Iowa_Josh

Iowa_Josh New Member

State:
    Central Iowa
    Mine loves some quiet time. She's been baking bread, making pickles and jam when I'm out. I've found it's better to take her along when catching bait or some other light hearted event.

17. bigd4xman

bigd4xman New Member

State:
    Haysville, KS
    I take my fiancee' fishing almost every time I go, unless I'm going out with my cousin for an all nighter. She got her fishing license yesterday and we picked up a Zebco Hawg Hunter medium heavy 7' rod with an all metal geared 808 for her since all my rods are 8' or bigger and she cant cast spinning or baitcasters. Now, hopefully she doesnt outfish me.
    GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN FISHIN'!!!:cool2:

18. Shimano_cat

Shimano_cat New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Christie has outfished me on more than one occasion. I make a pretty good net man though!

19. CatHunterSteve

CatHunterSteve New Member

State:
    Snowville, Va
    My wife goes with me a lot, we have a good time and most of the time she will out fish me but it's soo cool to watch her catch any kind of fish!
    Thanks for the poll!

20. cdog

cdog New Member

State:
    ohio
    I do not know if any of you guys have seen that fishing commercial about how the average woman says 21,000,000 words over three years and the guy says 7,000,000. Well mine probably says 21,000,000 words in one year (she just cant help herself, she is full of useless knowledge). So most of the time she stays at home.