Do you take the wife or G/F fishing with you..

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by lawnman61, Mar 13, 2008.

1. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    My wife has been going fishing with me most all the time. All I have to do is mention "fishing" and I believe she would beat me to the door to go.
    You don't have to ask her twice....lol :wink:
    She is still trying for that big cat, her pb is an 8lb. flathead from lake Arlington. I would love to see her face when she catches a real big one... :cool2::wink:

2. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    mine smoochie says see wants to fish but has to just right weather. LOL

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Not anymore I don't. My wife has a hard time staying up after the sun goes down. As soon as the fish start biting, she's ready to go home. Now I just take her brother and leave her at the house.

4. bud1110

bud1110 New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Man what you talking about?

Oh yea my wife goes with me every time I fish. You kidding? She uses her Truck to pull the Boat, and she backs the Trailer down the ramp to load, and unload the Boat.

She ties us up to trees or stumps or whatever is available to stay in one spot. She Makes sure we have bait, Food, and drinks with us.

Now I ask you this?

Why would I not bring her along?....lol Win, win situation..

5. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    my wife used to hate fishing until one day when we latched on to 42channels on a pond in two hrs and she was hooked believe me she has the fever her pb flatie was a 30lbr and her best channel a 10lbr and to top it off last year she caught a 20lb carp while trying to catch bullhead at cheyane crk and that was a blast with her 10lb line and a 6ft pole she had took her 30min to bring it in and so for two yrs she has been my shadow when we go out flatie fishing plus she likes to just camp out so it is win win for me

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Mine ,goes at times and others she dont. If we are catchin when she's along ,She's ready the next outing. if not ,she dont care to go .

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I take my girlfriend about every time i go which is about every day in the summer.... She hates fishing so she just sits there and scrapbooks.
    HERE IS A TIP FOR ALL MEN WITH WIVES OR GIRLFRIENDS THAT HATE FISHING......BUY THEM A FISHING LICENSE SO YOU CAN DOUBLE THE LINES YOU CAN LEGALLY HAVE OUT. IM GIVING YOU GOLD HERE!!!! LOL!!!

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Taking the wife or girlfriend with you can be very :wink: rewarding at times, LOL!!!! Especially during those nights trips.

9. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    LOL
    Mine goes with me any time we can get a sitter for the kids. That is if they are not going. Been plenty of nights with the wife and kids awakened buy a scramble to get the screaming pole. LOL:smile2: If we can get a sitter for the kids the wife will go and lay with it longer than I will, rain, snow, hot as heck, doesn't matter to her. She will stay out all night catching fish or not. I am a blessed man.:big_smile: Only problem is now she is starting to want her own gear, and she doesn't like to share it with me.:eek:oooh::crazy::roll_eyes::smile2:
    Thanks
    David

10. ncfowler

ncfowler Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Name:
    Jeff
    my wife use to go all the time but over the years her hobbies change, now she is working on her masters so she has no time for much of anything. She is a great wife, she alway tells me to go hunting or fishing just don't wake her if i come home late or leave early:cool2:

11. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    No Way......she hasn't gone with me in over 20 yrs..... thank goodness. More fish for me....LOL:smile2:

12. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    This sounds just about correct with me and the Mrs., The few times I do go in a year with some of the fellas she is kinda upset, I can see it in them eyes...... It is a great feeling to watch others (yea even the two men) on the ramp putting a boat in or out, we have the routine, get everything unhooked and ready she hops in the boat back her in, unloads goes for a quick run while I park the truck and picks me up at the dock, sometimes I drive sometime she drives, But just about everytime there is atleast one set of fellas with that look on their face :eek:oooh: BEST fishing partner I ever had with the exception of our daughter!:big_smile:

13. Flintman

Flintman New Member

State:
    OKC, OKLA.
    If I went fishin with out my wife, I'd have to sneak off, then I"d catch heck when I got home. We've been fishin together for 16 years now. I do the fishin she does the catchin

14. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Ya wanna have some fun. Take the wife and the girlfriend at the same time.:wink:

15. curtbltz

curtbltz New Member

State:
    Ontario Canada
    My wife loves fishing almost as much as I do. We go all the time in the spring for the Channels.Keep em interested and your never here a complaint about "U leaving fishin all the time" lol

16. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    My wife can hear me hook up the boat from inside the house! She loves to fish with me. Makes a perfect partner too.

17. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Bud, you got a keeper brother, I've been teaching my wife to back up a trailer, she tries but just don't have the knack of it just yet.
    My wife usually has the truck loaded and is waiting on me...lol
    :wink::big_smile:

18. lawnman61

lawnman61 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Randy, thanks for the rep brother. I love the hat I'm wearing too.
    The wife got it for me a few yrs ago. It's my boot scootin hat....:wink:
    Sounds like you got a keeper wife too. Loves that fishin....:big_smile:

19. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nope i don't take my g/f with me for 2 reason one she cant set still very long and 2, I wouldnt have no fun with someone wanting to leave every 5 minutes.

20. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa

Wow! :crazy: Holy cow does she have a sister? :eek:oooh: Oh wait I'm already married! :wink: :smile2: