Do you smell that skunk??

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Fordman, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I had a rare opportunity to share a little time on the water, (by the water) with two of the BOC's finest, Phil Washburn and David Frantz. Now, I figured that this was just a little fun time with no points or fouls, but, *somebody* had to go and start keeping score. In the end, it was Fordman 3, *somebody* 0, unless you want to count that shad that *somebody* FOUL hooked. Phil was kind enough to keep score, and invite the winner (me), out to Konawa for a springtime fishing trip in his boat. David????? The ball in in your court. he he.

Attached Files:

2. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Lets see..... How do I approach this one...hmm....
    *somebody* caught 3 channels that more resembled bullheads in size. And *somebody* foul hooked a shad that was a legal catch.
    None of the somebodys caught enough fish to cover a saltine.
    I was dare to say all the somebodys were winners due to most fun winning.
    I had a blast thanks for the great day guys.
    David Frantz

3. cobra1

cobra1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    how do have time to fish while you are supposed to be bowhunting? oh and happy belated birthday, and good luck @ konowa.

4. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    David,
    I guess you didn't see that package of saltines that I had. Those fish were just right :rolleyes: .
    Cobra1, we need a little information filled out in your profile. :D

5. cobra1

cobra1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Mike, i added to my profile. ifn you need more info i'm the one what loaned ya the decoy that helped you git that big deer this year.

6. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    I'm glad that you finally found your way here. :thumbsup:

Don't be shy, :shy-big:

Jump right in :0a20:

We'll have you chasing those whiskered creatures in no time :0a22:

Signed, your brother, Mike

7. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    hey mike; that catfish looks bigger than i remember:blink:
    i am going to try to get my motor running today, and if i do i will get serious about getting a boat ready so we can go to konowa...looking forward to it:)

8. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I beat you to it Phil. Got mine running. Just need to get a thermostat and a impeller and it is good to go. Well and re-enforce the transom. Those dang impellers for Chryslers are more than I figured. $35 new...... what a rip-off. Oh BTW... the reason the lower bowl was flooding out when the bulb was pumped was because the cork gasket had failed. And reason it wasn't flooding out of the top bowl was that the needle and seat in the carb was stuck closed. Did you know that that motor has an alarm for when it gets too hot? I was following the marine shops (Chuck and Dave's) advice on testing thermostat and impeller and that dang alarm went off. Scared me right out of my britches. I also got all the carpet out and waiting for my paint rep to get me some info and them I'm painting it after I reglass the deck.

David Frantz

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    i was told it had an alarm, dave, but i never heard it - i guess that's good news huh?:)

isn't there some kind of BOC code that if you get yours ready before me you have to come help me with mine?:0a10:

10. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    Name the day and time and I will be there. I don't mind helping at all. BUT I think you are a little bit more experienced with motors. When you get ready to replace transom and floor let me know. It would probally be a bit easier with an extra set of hands.

Dave

11. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Phil, as far as the size of the fish, just step a little closer.....no, closer. See, it does look pretty big, huh?

Congrats on the motor Dave. To everyone reading, I was the second person to hear it run. Dave called me and held the phone up to it. HaHaHaHa. I would have done it too.

Now, Phil, if you get yours going too, does that mean that you and Dave will both be over here helping me???

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    according to the BOC rules as dave sees it....sure thing:)

13. Fordman

Fordman New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
    Great, I'll keep slugging away in the meantime. I just finished rebuilding the distributor, the bearings in it were shot. Fortunately, Allied Bearings had a set for about 25% of the Merc Dealers price. I figured that is cheap enough, so I got enough to do the other motor too.