Do you remember???.....

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Ellis, Jul 8, 2006.

1. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    Do you guys remember the first time you went fishing. I do, it was in Iowa when i was 7. My dads friend had a friend who owned a farm pond and we were catching 10lbs bass like crazy with those rubber pink worms that have 3 hooks in em. Good times:0a23:

2. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I was on vacation in Missouri with my brother and dad so we went fishin. They were usin lures and I thought it was possible to catch one on my red practice casting rubber thing. No hook....No features....Just a red lump.

3. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My first fishing trip was here in Iowa as well. My Grandpa and a couple cousins took me to a lake where we caught a bunch of bluegills. Been "hooked" ever since. Was 4 at the time. Man!! Been 40 years ago...:crazy:

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Yes, I too can remember my first fishing experience. I think I was around six-seven years old. Grandad cut me a cane pole and we headed for the lake with my dad and little sister. I caught a red-eared sunfish. Dad put it in a five gallon bucket and we continued fishing. When the sun started going down, it was time to go. I was so thrilled that I had that little fish to take home and show my mom. But when I looked into the bucket, no fish.
    He had jumped out and gotten away through the gaps in the dock. I cried all the way home. :lol:

5. Jimmy Don

Jimmy Don Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I really don't remember the first time I went fishing, it is just something I have always done. We were always going camping and fishing when I was a kid. I learned to water ski when I was 5 years old.

I have seen old home movies of our camping trips from when I was about a year old. My parents would tie a rope around my life belt (not vest) and the other around a tree and give me just enough slack to get to the edge of the water to throw rocks. Someone would probably call S.C.A.N. on them now, but they couldn't turn their back on me otherwise.

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I was just a little guy I went Rainbow Trout Fishing in the Streams of the Smokey Mountains.

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ellis... you're twelve... come talk to me when you're 70 and see if your memory still serves you well...:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Ellis

Ellis New Member

State:
    Yellow Springs, Ohio
    :smile: i knew that was going to happen. lol im 14 though.

9. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I can't remember the first time I fished. A creek was behind the barn and the river was 1/2 mile away. It seems that I have always fished.

10. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    first time i went fishing i was 3 years old and I went with my dad and i caught some blue gill and been hooked on fishing every since.

11. pendog66

pendog66 New Member

State:
    Brookville OH
    i dont exactly remember the first time i went fishing but i know that my dad has been taking me since i was 3. but heres a pic of my first time catfishing with my dad. the stringer looks bigger than me.

Attached Files:

12. Deltalover

Deltalover New Member

State:
    Tracy Calif
    LOL! I have trouble remembering when I fished last week!

13. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    When I was four, dad took mom, my sis and me down to the creek behind our barn. We were fishing an outer bend and caught some bullheads with our cane poles. Dad cleaned them and mom cooked them for supper, that was enough to get my interest, and 57 years later I still like to fish. Got many a beating for sneaking down to the creek after that, didn't seem to deter me to much though, Dad finally gave up on the beatings, he told mom, hey it doesn't do any good, if he wants to do it he's going to do it anyway, I was 12 when he said that. That was a glorious day for me, I don't think it was for mom or dad but sure was for me.

14. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Nope I was in my mothers womb. lol I don't remember but theres a pic of me sitting in a fighting chair with my hand on a pole wide eyed and in a diaper.

15. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I do not remember the first time, but I remember the first time I can remember. LMAO

It was mom, dad, grandpa, and grandma at Deer Creek. Dont remember much but I remember them all there.

16. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    I dont remember much but do remember my first pole was a cane pole and I always carried worms in a tin can

17. haroldlp

haroldlp New Member

State:
    IN
    I am told my first time I was 3, but the first I remember is when I was 5. Went catfishing with my dad and some of his work buddies. Dad tied a rope to me and to a tree so the flats couldn't pull me in :lol: . I caught a 10# carp and was hooked forever after, been 55 years now and still love it as much as ever..

18. Catman

Catman New Member

State:
    Randolph, Nebraska
    My first fishing memory's do not count as real fishing. but at about age 6 or so I would go to one of those concrete ponds in south St. Louis and fish for what ever those little fish were. The record fish at the time was 2 to 3 inches long. The first real fishing trip was with my Dad and brothers in Village creek near alicia ark. Of course we were fishing for catfish. I think I was 7 then.