The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
I remember them all. Our kids missed a bunch, I'm gonna send them this link. They'll think I'm really old when they see this. Thanks Phil for a neat link.

·
Banned
13,069 Posts
That was neat Phil. I can't say I remember all that, some yes.

We still had Sadie Hawkins dances when I was in HS, I think they still do; and hose with seams are cool imo. I buy some every once in a while, 'cept you can buy pantyhose that way now :big_smile:.

Bumper cars and rootbeer floats will always remind me of my mom, she loves both of those things.

What was Howdy Doody's brother's name?

Double Doody

What was Howdy Doody's sister's name?

Heidi Doody

What was Howdy Doody's dog's name?

:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

·
Registered
8,122 Posts
No, I don't remember those!! LOL

·
Registered
720 Posts
as it started i hoped i wouldnt remember any of it but i do.. now its not just my daughter making me feel old.. thanks alot... LOL :big_smile:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Im afraid that most of those are before my time but i do remember some of them. Pretty neat thread though thanks.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Heres the real kicker I know where some of the Burmashave signs are still visable.I might have to take a ride and photograph those before they disapear forever if they havent already.Some things are good about living in a hillbilly state.We still have Mail Pouch barns and some of those yellow stores with the cigar adverts on front.They are all slowly disapearing havent seen any of the Royal Crown Cola signs and billboards in few years.

I feel a photographing roadtrip coming up.

Oh and Tanya wouldnt his dog be named Doggie Doodie ?

·
Banned
13,069 Posts
Heres the real kicker I know where some of the Burmashave signs are still visable.I might have to take a ride and photograph those before they disapear forever if they havent already.Some things are good about living in a hillbilly state.We still have Mail Pouch barns and some of those yellow stores with the cigar adverts on front.They are all slowly disapearing havent seen any of the Royal Crown Cola signs and billboards in few years.

I feel a photographing roadtrip coming up.
Sounds cool Jerry. I wasn't familiar with Burma Shave until the 1970s. We had a local (well, Charlotte.....50 miles from here) amusement park open. The double wooden coaster there, Thunder Road, had/has Burma Shave signs on the first/giant incline. I love me some roller coasters. Talkin' about my mom also makes me think of one, the "Swamp Fox" in MB, SC. They said they were gonna tear it down back a while, don't know if they ever did. Yep, bumper cars, rootbeer floats and the Swamp Fox. Wish I could've been there.

(Just in case it's still standing and someone is going to Myrtle Beach this summer.......ride in the BACK car.)

·
Banned
10,798 Posts
I remember a bunch ,not quite all,I finally figured out my glitch over the videos an I'm tryin to catch up on all I may have missed . Great flash show Phil.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
hey Phil u were born july 2 1955, I was born sept. 6 1955 Im an old fart to 21 year old mind with a well used 52 year old body , So yelp I remember these! Those were the good old days , I had a lot of fun back then how about you ? :boss::006:

·
Banned
817 Posts
This!!!
must have been a 60's era cause I was born in 69 and only remember one or two of those things that must have been lingering around...

I like the fact that some of the things have changed but miss allot of the values that we had back then...

Divorce,it was almost unheard of,Crime we had it but you never heard of a kid walking out the house with a gun to shoot up a school full of innocent kids...

I do remember great days spent on the river or at a bar-b-Que with friends and family...I also remember gas at .25 cents...It is truly sad to see some of the times changing like they have...The ideas behind most of the technology and transportation where meant to be good...I do have a ? though when did it become common to pick up the phone and have to press 1 for English...

I heard a census report that says by the year 2020 white Americans will be the minority...

hey Phil u were born July 2 1955, I was born sept. 6 1955 I'm an old fart to 21 year old mind with a well used 52 year old body , So yelp I remember these! Those were the good old days , I had a lot of fun back then how about you ? :boss::006:

·
Banned
3,934 Posts
That was neat Phil. I can't say I remember all that, some yes.

We still had Sadie Hawkins dances when I was in HS, I think they still do; and hose with seams are cool imo. I buy some every once in a while, 'cept you can buy pantyhose that way now :big_smile:.

Bumper cars and rootbeer floats will always remind me of my mom, she loves both of those things.

What was Howdy Doody's brother's name?

Double Doody

What was Howdy Doody's sister's name?

Heidi Doody

What was Howdy Doody's dog's name?

:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:
Doggy Doody! LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts