Do you remember "Splash"

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by wolfman, Jun 7, 2006.

1. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Here is a picture of "Splash" before she passed away. the former world record blue cat from Texoma. Not sure if this was posted before.

Attached Files:

2. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Yes sir, How could we forget that fish, LOL!!! She was a beauty for sure!!!

3. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    thought you had pics of darryl hanna the actress :big_smile: oh well what did that blue weigh when it passed and how old was it? do you know?

4. loki1982

loki1982 New Member

State:
    Texas
    121.5 # caught in Lake Texhoma from the bank on shad. She was in the Athens aquariums for something like 1 to 1 1/2 years. She was the current world record at the time before the 124 was pulled out last year. Never heard how old they estimated but I think guessing catfish age is not accurate. Ive heard everything from 10 years to 100 years to reach 80+#s. And who do you believe when one study says it takes 10 years and another says 80, and another says 50.

5. deerdust

deerdust New Member

State:
    Missouri
    One heck of a fish. Looking to hook into one that size real soon...LOL:roll_eyes: :tounge_out:

6. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    i tried real hard to hook into one that size last night stormed like crazy cought 6 fish the biggest one wasnt that big

7. wishiwasfishin

wishiwasfishin New Member

State:
    kentucky
    yeah i almost had him caught but then they threw me out of the aquarium:big_smile:

8. breadboy

breadboy New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    i remeber reading the article about the guy who caught Splash and how he did it. Sad Splash passed.

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Splash was a beaut. It would be great to hook into one of Slash's older siblings and save on gas for the old boat.

10. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah, that was a nice one alright. I saw some pics of her in catfish insider magazine.

11. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    its a shame moby (the current world record blue cat) died on the way to the cabela's aquarium.....