Do you prefer bankfishing on the river or catfishing from the boat?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

Boat or Bank?

1. I prefer to bank fish over boating

2. I prefer to boat fish over bankfishing

3. I really don't care

4. Id rather stay home and watch re-run soaps with the wife!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I enjoy both, and every area has its own benefits, but a boat to me seems to make things more easier, and you more versatile for your time on the water! You can cover more area, and present baits easier to the structure. What do you prefer?

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Jason I dont have a boat but when I do go out on one I enjoy it more and I agree that it gives you more choices of where to go. Some of the spots where flathunter and H2O went may have been easily accessible by boat (assuming I dont know). Since Ive never had a boat I dont know what goes on with that but hopefully Ill be able to do that next year sometime.

3. x smokin joe

x smokin joe Well-Known Member

State:
    Monclova,
    Name:
    Joe
    I like to use the boat to get to bank spots, then fish from the bank to cut the noise.

4. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i like to do the same, i HATE fishing from a boat for flatheads! now for channels, sometimes i prefer the boat.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    I preferr fish'n from the boat i can try more areas an all my gear is close by .A lot of areas we fish you could not fish from the bank .

6. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I have a canoe that gets me to spots that aren't fished quite as hard (or not at all). But i always end up on the bank, a 10' rod is a little awkward in a canoe.:wink:

7. ambassadeur

ambassadeur New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the bank. I wish I had a boat to get to a better bank though

8. Colsrob

Colsrob Active Member

State:
    Ohio, Columbus
    There has to be a VERY darn good reason for me not to be in my boat. That's why I bought it, and i'm sure gonna get my moneys worth.

In reality, I have already recieved my moneys worth from my boat. I bought in new in 1992, and it's still going strong. It has it's share of necessary fairly minor needed repairs, but it usually works like a clock.

Which reminds me....I trashed yet another prop on the Muskingum last night. I'm really beginning to dislike anywhere except the Ohio River.

I only bank fish if I decide to take a younger family out, without planning ahead.

9. THE PAN MAN

THE PAN MAN New Member

State:
    hartsburg mo.
    id almost rather be in a boat but at the same time use the boat for getting to a good bank spot. i dont own a boat but when i go with family that does it def. opens up your options to were you can fish and the ability to move to another spot if the fish aint bitn.

10. Madtownangler

Madtownangler New Member

State:
    Wisconsin
    I like fishing from a boat in a river, but I meet a lot more cool people shorefishing at lakes. The catfishing is just as good from shore where I go as it is from a boat, and I don't have to deal with jet skis and water skis.

11. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    :0a23::0a23:I'm 100% a BOAT Fisherman !!! :eek:oooh:

12. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I much perfer boat fishing because it gives me the opportunity to get away from the "forked sticks" and crowds. Everything I need is with me so the necessity of two or three trips from truck to boat is moot. Fewer hard feelings about crossed lines and noisy "neighbors" is a definite plus. Stay safe and enjoy the fishing where ever you fish from!!!:wink:

13. Chris Giff

Chris Giff New Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Ohio
    I voted bank..I'm real clumsy so I end up making a ton of noise in a boat dropping everything.

My knees and back are shot from skateboarding too when I was younger so I can never manage to get comfortable. I'd like to have a pontoon boat though.

14. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    Im starting to say beach the boat an fish from bank.

15. Jacksmooth

Jacksmooth Member

State:
    West Virginia
    I prefer to be in a boat. Alot easier to move around on the river or lake but I really dont care as long as Im fishing.

16. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I like fishing from a boat more. but I also like fishing from the shore. sometimes i dont feel like hooking up the boat to the truck, so I just throw the grill and the poles in the back of the truck and head for the bank.

17. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    I myself personally always preferred the banks altho the boats have a massive advantage getting to spots we cannot even see. The depth finder an fish finders are alot of help on a boat.

18. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    i can't afford a boat so guess i'll be a hard core bank fisherman for life :smile2:

19. trctrdr

trctrdr New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I prefer a boat, lets me get to spots that are inaccessable from shore. Now if I could just get my brother to sit a little quieter!

20. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like you met the world famous "Prop Eating Rock" at Luke Shute. :eek:oooh:,

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009