Do you mean it?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by Snagged2, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Hey, all you AZ folks,, in this USCA forum...

WE all like to go catfishing ,,, WE, have some great waters, from lakes, to rivers, of all types.. A great diversity of opportunities to soak a bait..

I've seen a bunch of you YAHOOS on this site , posting, and kicking up dust.....:laugh1:

Well, Put your money where your mouth is,, and sign up and support this site,,
    I'm proud of my friend, BUBBACAT, whacked the top with a $100.00 contribution..:laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1::laugh1:
    I appreciate the enthusiasm, and support of catfishing, and fellow catfishermen, Dave has shown!!

Get some goodies, get eligible for special giveaways,, show your pride..
    We have a great fishery system, lets let the rest know..

It's easy, and minimum is $10.00..
    For all the fun, and education we get here,, help support this

Plunk in,, Thanks, Greg

2. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    :poop:
    WHAT?
    YOU ONLY NEED TO DONATE $10.00 !!.
    OH CRAP!:Shocked:

3. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    I still have your reel siting here on my desk. Ill send it out Monday.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    OK Rob,, NO hurry..

FYI,, being a Star member, at the $40.00 level, gets you into a bunch of Giveaways Drawing deals going on right now... Some of them have quite a bit of value!!

5. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Hey Greg.....Had a nice chat with you this am...... Yea I'm disappointed with the folks in California... Only two of us in the "star" .... There are so many benefits with membership.... and you guys will probably relies that before to long....

I have not always been a contributing member.... $$ wise... but we, as a community, benefit with more local input.... helps with finding out where to fish to make our outdoor experiences better...

I for one plan on venturing into AZ....beyond the Colorado River and its lakes... to try some your ponds... Bartlett, rosy
    and others......

Just have to put it on my calendar..... I'm retired and need to get out to some new water...

So..... My BOC.....United States Catfishing boys.....

"donate some for the cause...."

Tight lines.... .Bayrunner Ray... Gilmafam

6. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Thanks for the post Ray,,
    Like you ,I bought a neighboring license,,,CA.. as I fish some of the water,Not accessible by boat from the CO River.
    And, Non-Resident licenses are not very cheap!!
    So, This year I picked up so far, My AZ hunt fish,, plus CA non-resident fish. Just sent in my Elk, and Antelope applications.
    So, The Star member donation is just another ,,,Cost,,, I have , in My outdoor pursuits.
    It's certainly not mandatory, but, I really enjoy the USCA/BOC site, and feel like contributing,,
    Now, If I can just win some of the "Giveaways"!!!
    Greg

7. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Star support is coming soon. I got my hunt/fish combo, applications in for Elk and Antelope. My 16 year old and I are in for archery Bull Elk 7 West, archery Antelope unit 10. Wife is in for unit 10 rifle Antelope, and rifle trophy Bull Elk unit 10, 10 year old in for rifle trophy Bull Elk unit 10, and rifle Antelope unit 10. Of course, I know I won't get drawn so that is OK, in July heading to Botswana for an archery hunt. I normally do not post pictures of my hunts/fish but here are some pics from me and my sons pictures below from 2006 Namibia hunt. I shot a Blue Wildebeest, Springbok, and Gemsbok with bow. Son shot a Waterbuck, Kudu, Blue Wildebeest, Steenbuck, Eland, and Mountain Zebra.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  8. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Ok Rob,,
    Sounds good on the Star Program.. It shows support of this great site we enjoy!!

I also sent my apps in for Elk, Antelope.. Will see what happens.. Lots of bonus points on Antelope!!!

Congrats on the African hunts,, I've always wanted to go over there and use my Double Rifles!!

9. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snagged has some doubles rifle eh? What cha got, caliber wise? I fancy Doubles as well, but just for collecting. Are you part of DRSS? You hunt, fish, and like Double rifles! Is there a chance you had an affair with some lady in Southern California around 1973? LoL, if so add me to the will, and hello pops!

10. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    well Greg there is the son you been looking for all these years.
    some one who can take care of you in you golden years.
    see if he will pony up some bread so we can go cat fishing with bill.:desire:

11. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    Nooooooooo, My new Papa Greg needs to pay for me to go with you guys, we got a lot of catching up to do! LoL

12. BubbaCat

BubbaCat New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Gregs new signature:cowboy:YAHOO DADDY :freaked-out:

13. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yep, WOW,, Lost my internet connection for about 8 hrs.., due to the storm we had....
    OK, Rob,,,,Here's some pics of one of them..
    It's a J.W. Tolley.. .375 Flanged Magnum Double Rifle. Built in London.
    It's , as seen, a double trigger, hammer gun.Non-Ejectora, w/ Iron flip up sights.
    I've killed an elk at 50 yds, and an antelope, about 150 yds,, w/ it.. seemed adequate..
    The gun itself,, originally built ,,,,,, around 189X, in .303 British.. Somewhere along the line, it was rebarrelled to the .375.. as that ctg. didn't come onto the scene till 1912!!
    The 26" bores look NEW, and it shoots on at 50 yds, both barrels,, and is the usual regulation for these guns.
    The load I use, is 300 gr. Hornnady Round Nose Flying Sledge Hammers:hammer::hammer:.. at book velocity,, 2350 fps ,,,,give r take.

For African game, It's considered a medium bore, and is the Smallest ctg. allowed, I understand, for critters like Cape Buffalo.

Very pleasant to shoot.

Attached Files:

14. Rcaarizona

Rcaarizona New Member

State:
    AZ
    That is an awesome rifle, I like doubles, but they sure can be pricey! Yours looks flatout awesome!

15. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I forgot to mention, the pic w/ the Ctg's pictured standing,, the one of the left is a 7mm Rem Mag with the .375 Flanged beside it..

16. flathead-40

flathead-40 New Member

State:
    arizona
    Thanks for sharing the photos. That is one SWEET rifle. Have a good one Greg!:terror:

17. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Yahoo Daddy,, Would like to see AZ covered in USCA donating member flags...!!!

Sign up, show your support, become eligible for special elements, here on the USCA!

18. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    greg,you dang redneck!lol
    nice steel, wish i could own one but my past comes up to haunt me from time to time
    i am not that guy any more but the gov has its ways
    :sigarette:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  19. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    OK AZ!!!!!

It's good to see some of the Hibernating Yahoos showing back up and posting...

Be real good so see some more Flags on the AZ map!!!! Check it out...

For a $40.00 donation,, you'll get some goodies and a new Pirate hat!!!

But, the goody package count is dwindling,,, gotta act fast...

Also, it allow's eligibility for some cool contests, and giveaways..

Minimum is $10.00 and will show AZ is into the Fish!!!!

Show your support !!!!
    Thanks, Greg

20. azcataholic

azcataholic New Member

State:
    arizona
    Yea Greg looking at the google map we are looking somewhat weak in comparison to how many AZ catfisherman we have on the site. Maybe it is the first of the year blues. Last year I did not contribute so I figured first of the year time to do it. I might add to it later.
    A magazine substription is at least $20.00.