Do you mark real fish?

Discussion in 'ARIZONA RIVERS TALK' started by Flatheadhunter33, May 6, 2009.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Quick question....do you guys fishing on the colorado ever mark fish on your finders? If my humminbird is on "fish I.D." I can get symbols but once I go to raw sonar I get nothing. I pretty much realize that the symbols must actually be debris in water. Just wondering if anyone ever actually marks fish that are truely there?

2. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    damien, i'm going out on limb, but gonna say it like i see it. i see bass, stripers, gills, but for cats, if i want to catch, only time i do is when i don't see fish.
    gary

3. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    If you have a decent sonar you should be able to mark them. I have a pretty cheap unit on my boat, I use it for depth and surface temp only..

Some of the expensive HD units that are out will paint a real clear picture of the bottom and I bet there would be no difficulty seeing a 60 lb flatty sitting in a hole.

4. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    I don't have a lot of experience with fish finders, but, mainly I use them for bottom contour, depth, and the temp...

5. tofish

tofish New Member

State:
    arizona
    yep, main thing i use them for. depth and contour of bottem.
    gary

6. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Thanks guys. Im the same way with my unit. I look for depth and water temp along with contour as well. I was just wondering how much the fish actually stack up some areas of the river.