Do you look for any signs that might tell you how they are doing?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by Love Them Cats, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Love Them Cats

Love Them Cats New Member

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    When you guys head out to fish, do you look for any signs that might tell you how they are doing?

The place we like to fish, there's a lot of deer in the area and we usually see some while we are driving there.

We have noticed the last couple weeks, if we see deer on the way, we catch some, and if we don't see any deer, we don't catch any?

I don't know if it's just a coincidence or some kind of sign?

We went out tonight and didn't see any deer and didn't catch a thing and I told my daughter from now on, if we don't see any deer on the way, we'll just turn around and go home?

Are there any signs you watch for while heading out to fish?

Ken

2. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    those darn no trespassing signs LOL

3. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    Ya, those signs will do it also.

Most of the ponds I fished when I was younger are posted now.:angry:

Ken

4. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

If you know they are there just close your eyes when you get close you can honestly say you didn't see them.

5. Love Them Cats

State:
    Vinita, Oklahoma
    You know, I tried that once and they still shot at me.

Ken

6. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

thats whae you open your eyes and run lol.

7. Redtick

Redtick New Member

State:
    Neoga, Illinois
    If I am not fishing, I am out hunting. Or vice versa. If the game is moving, the fish are biting. If the game is not moving, you will usually have poor luck fishing. I watch for deer, rabbits, squirrels, ect, ect. I am fortunate, my property has alot of wild game on it and I live by a lake. So I get to watch game movement as I fish. There is definately a corelation.

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Terry, they just get in the way. hehehe

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    I've see it both ways with the deer sometimes the fish bite other times they don't. But if there is gators around you can bet the fish are not gonna bite well. A lot of times it don't matter if the fish are hitting good or not I just enjoy being out by the river or out in the swamp.

10. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Take A Look @ Your Sports Section In Your Local Newspaper, There Is Usually A Moon Phase Chart Which Indicates The Major & Minor Feed Times For Fish & Game.

The Next Time Your Out & See Lots Of Game Movement, Go Back & Check Out The Times Listed On The Chart, You Will See That Those Times Are Close To One Another.

HTH,Elliot

11. CATFISHPAT

CATFISHPAT New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I think I know whats going on here.When you see deer then you are good to go and you pay attention to your lines.When you dont see any deer you are looking for deer all night and MISS THE BITE Ta du I just fixed ya for free...LMAO:big_smile:

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    they bite good when they get hungry Ihave never saw a fish read the newspaper:hungry:

13. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    When we go, usually on Friday nights, we don't pay any attention to the creatures. We just go to fish. We see deer every time on the way back to the house. Sometime the fish bit, sometimes they didn't. Evidently the deer forgot to pass the word.

14. Gibbzilla

Gibbzilla New Member

State:
    East Texas
    I don't like blue bird days. That's when it's just a clear sky, without one cloud.

15. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    One thing I've noticed is when the Carp are jumping a lot on the river then usually there is a good bite that night!