do you like to hunt or fish more?

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by chrisb, Oct 4, 2008.

do you like to hunt or fish more?

1. hunt

2. fish

3. both

4. neither

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    well personally i like both the same and at my family deer camp we have a lake in the back yard so i hunt in the morning and fish around lunch time then hunt again later in the evening and of course fish again that night

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    love both. alot. but i like red meat a lil more. the thrillls are both great. but i see the kill as gods gift. and eat what i kill. and though fish are good. i would rather have the squirrells, deer, doves ect... hunting is #1. but i sure dont want to stop doing either.

3. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    I used to hunt a lot as a youngster. Then my tours in the military caused me to lose the taste of pulling the trigger on something that was breathing. Call me candy a..... I still like the hunt though. Listening to Jeremy, I might need to get over this in the future. Thanks for your service by the way. I for one appreciate your sacrifice.

4. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i appreciate your vote i just figrued i would ask didnt really expect anyone to act so fast though

5. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i appreciate your support for the troops and i know what you mean about hunting but i have kind of just figured a way to put it out of my head so i can hunt

6. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    i like both alot, but fishing is year round, hunting is only a few months,just think if we had to buy catfish permits...and you cant catch and release deer or turkey,..so im gona go with fishing :big_smile:

7. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Love to do both but I could fish every day all day I think.

8. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    i never looked at it that way. but i see what you r saying.

9. chrisb

chrisb New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    you are definantly right about that

10. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    i like to fish more

11. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I love both. I'll honestly say i'm alot better in the woods than i've ever been fishing. I've located alot of deer and turkey while fishing. I've hunted by boat most all my life for the imple fact i can get away from most people that way. The average guy won't launch before daylite and run in the cold to hunt. Trucks and 4 wheelers seem to be most folks method of transportation when the weather stinks.

12. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Ive got to say that I like fishing better, even though its close, however, with the gas prices going up this winter ill be hunting more because I do that behind the house and its about a hr drive pulling the boat for a trip to the TN river for some good fall, and winter cat,s:confused2:...
    Puddle...:big_smile:
    and thanks for putting in time for us Chris

13. CntryCrazy

CntryCrazy New Member

State:
    Pine Bluff, Arkansas
    There are some good reasons on here. I like both, was raised fishing and never got away from it. As most have said you can fish all year but hunting puts a lot of meat on the table. But its hard to beat crappie and catfish filets. Just being outdoors is the best especially when its quite. Many thanks Chris again to you and your fellow soldiers

14. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    fishing is hunting but wetter. Due to my limited time due to work & family, when its hunting season, my rods collect dust until I fill my tags. I enjoy them equally.

15. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I don't eat wild game or fish. I voted on fishing. I would be out there every day of the year if my health would let me. I can fish all day without any bites and still be ready to go again.

16. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    I was introduce to both as a youngster, but the fishing stayed with me, so I have to say it's:
    "Fishing" :0a23:
    and beside there's not alot of areas to hunt here in the Bay Area, but a lot of areas to fish -
    and I love it that way.
    :wink:

17. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Its the same way with Me FISHING But we do have a lot of hunting places here in the nature state

18. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I held a fishing / hunting license in Calif for I think 14 years. I think I had to get it when I was 16, dont remember. Came to Nevada, have had a fishing license since, that was 13 years ago. I was always a wing shooter, but getting into big game next year with a bow. I love both.

19. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    A very fortunate man indeed. I admire your strength. ronnie

20. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I try to fish at least four days a week and I enjoy every day of it