do you know the ohio river?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Monsterkat11, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    not asking for any exact honey holes, but just wondering of areas on the ohio OR LOWER GREAT MIAMI where i can put in my 16 foot flat bottom boat with 25 horse and be ok.

2. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Well I know you could put in at tanners and run right around the bend to the GMR. Right now the way the river is you would be ok to put in anywhere, but when the water comes up and the current starts ripping, I would stay away from the river in that boat, just for safety reasons. Thats just me though, others are crazier than myself...:eek:oooh:....I saw people in 1 man zodiac boats and canoes all over the place last weekend.

3. Monsterkat11

Monsterkat11 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    could someone link me to a mapquest map or google map with the tanners creek boat ramp marked? i can't seem to locate it.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Go to Lawrencburg Indiana, not sure where you live. But from here in lets say from fairfield, you would take 275 towards lawrencburg, it will merge to 275 south I believe??? Anyway take the larenceburg exit which is Rt 50, you will take a left on 50, go past Argosy and downtown Lawrencburg, keep going straight until you see the sign for tanners on your left, you cant miss it. You will pass over Tanners creek once before you get to the ramp.

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I tried to get a map on here but its impossibe or I am just stupid....lol Those directions should take you right there, if you need more help you can give me a call 513-383-6468

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    you should be fine on the river on a "normal" day, but if that wind picks up, run for cover!!

7. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Korey, just let me or Mellon know and we all will go down there and show you around some, You will feel better having another boat around, I know I always do. The OR is abd place to have a boat problem, someties not much help around.
    We are headed down this weekend for Matt's tourney, any interest in tagging along in your boat with another person?? Let us know.

Salmonid

8. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Theres a Mcdonalds on the left corner and a UDF gas station on the right. The street is called tanners creek dr. im pretty sure.

9. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I ment rt 52 not rt 50, sorry about that:eek:oooh: