Do you know anyone that can ID antique lures?

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by baptistpreach, Dec 4, 2007.

1. baptistpreach

baptistpreach New Member

State:
    Oklahoma!
    I need an ID on these lures, the bottome ones are Heddon, and the other I don't know who made it!
    Thanks for any help!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Hey Bapt, I often ask this at Grumpy pups, when I can not find anything, I have a small collection of reels and lures, will look a bit later on your pics, but you can contact this fella by email and he is pretty knowledgeable on the older styles....hope this helps ya a bit...
    Randy

3. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Thats a neat site Randy, Thanks. I have 6 old Heddon plugs and didnt know what they might be worth. I seen the same ones on there at 150.00 each so thats good news. I don't have the origional boxs they came in though and Im sure that makes a differance. Thanks for the link.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well thats good, and it is kind of iffy on lures, I have some that with the box they are not worth maybe $10 more and then some that would be worth up wards of a G note with box and papers, so ya never know, it is a fun hobby any way, most of my stuff comes from estate sales or the old buddy I grew up fishing with and their items were left for me, and well you know those are priceless, and yes aver so often some of them I still take to the pond and catch a bass or two, I guess just for remembering or honor them old buddy's.... and ya know just taking a simple limb and spraying some clear coat on it then hang a few lures from it looks real nice up on the wall...LOL
    Not sure any of them old casters would even fit on the new cat rods...LOL, but it is interesting to see how they have evolved over the past 100+ years
    Randy

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Randy thanks for the web site or link. Interesting.