Do you keep any fish out of the ohio river?

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by Ravensmavsfan, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I would like to know if any members here, have ever eaten any fish out of the ohio, or if they do it reguraly, or not at all

I know there's some plus 50 pounders in the ohio ,but i like to keep some of the fish i catch and just the sport of catching them isn't enough for me so i don't fish there.

It would be great to know if anyone has gotten sick or just knows if the fish aren't in good enough condition, because its less than 2 miles away from my house.

2. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I have eaten fish out of the ohio a few times...They taste just like any other catfish...My fiances mom really likes them...I cleaned her a batch a few mionths ago and she said they were excelent...I dont think you should eat them everyday though.

3. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    I'm sure they would taste ok, its the health issue i'm worried about.

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I think the DNR says 2 or 3 meals a month is fine, thats why i say i wouldnt eat them everyday...You can go to the dnr fish advisery and it tell you all the info i think you are looking for, if i can find the site i will post it for you.

5. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    here is the link

www.epa.state.oh.us/2006_fish_advisory.html

6. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
  7. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yeah i would say you would be fine as long as you don't eat it everyday you should be fine cause im wanting some cajun catfish right now next time i got im going for a large amount of average fish (don't worry brothers any monster i catch just pictures).

8. Ravensmavsfan

Ravensmavsfan New Member

State:
    Cincinnati,OH
    Thanks for the feedback and the link.