Do you have to scroll sideways to read posts?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by FS Driver, Aug 12, 2007.

1. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    is this just me or do some posts cause you to have to scroll sideways to read them? is this done to help save space ? is there a setting i can use to make it differant ? thanks in advance for any help.

2. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Darryl, that happened to me earlier, but only on one particular thread. The other ones have been normal for me today.

3. vlparrish

vlparrish New Member

State:
    Bedford, Kentucky
    Darryl, I think you may be able to solve the problem by setting your monitor's settings to the max number of pixels. Only problem with that is if you are like me and have trouble seeing the writing will be smaller. Vern

4. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Sometimes when a poster posts a really long URL, this will happen.

I use this website for making shorter urls when possible.

http://tinyurl.com/

5. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    Its just you Darryl. Never had that happen.

Try this:
    Put your hand over your left eye and read the post. Than put your hand over your right eye and read it.:eek:oooh: No scrolling sideways necessary now....:cool2:

6. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    It only happens after I have been in the ice chest or Paul has been playing around, cleaning house. :tounge_out:

7. Ardiva

Ardiva New Member

State:
    Kenai, AK
    Dan and Troy, you guys are incorrigible! :smile2:

8. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    DRC I never had that trouble before. But I just done something to see if it may cause that to happen and IT DID. I tried to "Resize Page" and as soon as I resized the page I had to go from side to side to read the thread. Check to see if you can resize the page.

9. Swampy

Swampy New Member

State:
    Fl.
    Lucky for me I don't have that trouble all I have to do is hit a "size text" button "- or +". I can make the letters REAL BIG and not have to scrolls from side to side. The post may get a bit longer but not wider.

10. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Darryl, the only time I have to scroll sideway is when people don't know how to post links. Links should be inserted (use Insert Link) into the post and there would never be a problem with a long url causing everyone to have to scroll.

Here is a link that has been inserted. It would make no difference if the link was a foot long.

11. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    It has happened a few times here, though a quick refresh corrects the problem right away.