Do you have any unnatural fears?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by flathunter, Jun 24, 2006.

1. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I just wondered if anything gives you the shakes, real, or imaginary....I am not ashamed to admit this, but since I have been about 10 years old I have been scared to death of Bigfoot...I got interested in bigfoot when Roger Patterson took his famous footage..I jumped into it and was really consumed for many years, studying everything I could on the subject..Now I dont believe in Bigfoot, but I always ask myself what if I am wrong? So when I fish alone at night on a river bank that is far away and through the woods, I get the creeps when darkness falls..Even though I have a 45 auto within hands reach.

2. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Yea, when the BOC server goes down LOL , scares the heck out of me. Scared of someday running in to a bear or cougar in the woods., so much so that it's kinda like a phobia. I have no problem going hunting by myself and love bowhunting. Can't really explain the fear??

3. dip

dip New Member

State:
    stinkin ohio
    jakkal i fear only fishing with mellon again! that one time has RUINED my fishing for 3 years now!

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dont feel bad dip, mine has been ruined for 4 years:angry:

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Bigfoot is a cool dude. Have ya ever heard of BF. getting into trouble or causing trouble. Most animals dont, unless provoked.
    I think BF is a member on this site.
    What should give ya the creeps is, all the stuff going on in the world, maybe your area.
    People is who you cant trust when on the bank fishing.

Course, I got a thing bout rats. I cants stand them rats. Flies bug me too. LOL.

But if I was you, I might fear a certian fishing partner of yours before BF. . :tounge_out: :lol: :smile2:

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thnaks alot Jess, I really needed that!

7. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    Jess, That is just tooo darn freaky.

OK..mine... well, I am a hard person to scare, but I DO have my own fears.
    My husband had a friend of his killed in a very tragic vehicle accident. It was terrible and was taken hard by those that knew him.
    I went to visit his Mom and we talked for several hours and she had seen on tv that, I think, Silvia Brown, physic lady, said that the 'dead' will try to communicate with the living. Well its just her and her husband in the home and everytime she would go into the laundry room, there in the middle of the floor would be loose change. She'd pick it up, go back to finish and there in the middle of the floor..more change! She couldnt figure out where the coins were coming from.
    Also during this time on the arm of one of our sofas Id find a quarter. Id get onto my older kids and ask them not to leave money down casue I had a baby crawling. But ALWAYS there sitting on the arm...more quarters.
    So that night when I visited her, she mentioned it to me and blew it off not thinking much about it. I just accepted it as how a mother choses to grieve for her son.
    I went home and it was very late and I had laid my baby down, my two older were with their grandma. I laid my head over on my lap and just cried in my hands alone in my living room when I got home.
    After a few minutes, I raised my head and there right in front of me, sat a quarter. I didnt know what to make of it. I picked it up and put it with the rest, only then did I realize...there was a few dollars there in quarters.
    ok...fast forward several months, I had friend who went out in a cemetary with some kind of vioce recorder, her daughter was using it and walking around and talking to the different head stones...after several minutes, they got back in the car, and played it back and heard all kinds of voices. I listened to the tape and thought it was really something.
    My husband mentioned taking it up to the his friends grave and seeing what we could hear.:crazy:
    I first watched the movie "WHITE NOISE", needless to say....I never made it to the cemetary, nor will I.
    In Sept. my grandfather passed away, I was standing in my kitchen and saw a glimps of a tall, thin dark shadow out of the corner of my eye...my baby that is now 2 1/2 was running past and she stopped dead in her tracks! It only lasted a split second, but it was enough to make the hair stand up on my neck. There have been other incidences where shes been laughing and pionting at 'nothing'.
    Oh and my Papa was a tall, thin man.:eek:oooh:

8. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That dream I have every now and then, where I am trying to get away from something but lathargic, can barely run, everything is in slow motion and I feel like my limbs are all asleep. But hey, I never said I was right upstairs. LMAO

9. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    When I was a youngun, my sister had bad tonsils so she'd snore so loud, it'd keep me awake. I used to think it was a wharewolf stomping through our house, looking for me and my family. Especially me:big_smile:. I'd hide under my covers occasionally peeking out shining my flashlight in the dark. But, occasionally I just couldn't handle it, and I'd take off running as fast as I could down the hall, into my parents room. Those were the days....

-Red

10. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    heights, SNAKES, and highly educated folks that have no common sense who make important decisions.

11. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

skinny people that claim to be famous chefs. lol.:embarassed: :lol:

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    SNAKES, TORNADOES, then the end of the world stuff like the big commet hitting us, etc...

13. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Snakes and live people that i cannot trust. The dead people are only misunderstood and lost.:eek:oooh: :crazy: :big_smile:

14. Myname

Myname New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    After so many years of conquering fear, I have only one fear left. Dying alone.

15. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My biggest fear is stangers in the night.I had a friend killed looking at a house he was wanting to buy.Walked into the carport and got shot...

16. borntocatfish

borntocatfish New Member

State:
    NW ohio
    My fear is CLOWNS. Steven Kings IT>
    I cant stand them.The ones with all white heads. Makes my skin crawl..
    My famliy thinks its funny 6' 290lbs man scared to death of clowns

17. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Ohh, I forgot one, this is a good one & you will think I'm lying, but I WAS (okay, still am) FREAKED OUT BY E.T. Yes, THAT E.T. the one that people claim to be so cute & loveable. The one Brew Berrymore kissed! Man that thing really creeped me out as a kid. To this day that movie is not watched in my house.

E-L-I-O-T-T........ :embarassed:

18. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Drowning, can ya believe that , I love to fish and boat but I couldnt jump in water over my head to save my life..... and snakes.
    Brian

19. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have to say that life is too short to worry about things that we have no control over like taxes, nuclear bombs, and mother-inlaws, so my biggest fear is running out of bait.

20. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Hey Jack, I do believe in BigFoot. When I was in Cal. my buddy and I went up to Big Sur and he hunted and I trout fished. I was walking back to camp one afternoon, me with a brace on my right knee and a cane in one hand. All of a sudden I saw a shadow going over the path I was on. The hill above me was completly covered in brush so anything moving you would hear. I looked up and there was a rock or boulder, whichever you prefer, about six foot above my head. It was about twice the size of a basketball, over and down it went crashing through the brush. I had a pocket knife and a fishing pole and a cane. Well the cane started looking like a fan blade with me running with one stiff leg, crying like a baby from the pain in the knee, I had it operated on and put back together after a motorcycle crash. I got to the camper got the key and got in, yeah real safe, if that sucker could throw a rock that big, that thin aluminum is really going to be safe. A few minutes later I hear this scratching noise, heart just about jumped out of the chest cavity. Just then I heard my buddy cuss cause he couldn't find the key. Zoom like a fast moving frieght I had the door open for him, heck he had a high powered rifle, I'm feeling a lot better now. He climbed in and asked what was the matter. After telling him what had happened he slept with the rifle fully loaded that night. I am not sure whether I slept or not. I must not be to intelligent, cause next day he goes hunting and off I go to fish again. Yep, I'm scared of coming face to face with bigfoot when I am out fishing now. Only good thing he will slip and fall before he can catch me, cause I'm going to be leaving a slick behind me.