Do You Have A Room Dedicated To Fishing/Hunting???

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Oct 30, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How many of you were fortunate to marry wonderful women that suddenly changes her mind about decorating the house in your prize possessions?:wink: Whether it be deer mounts, fish mounts, pictures, your hunting/fishing gear, etc? Personally I think every outdoorsman enjoys having his own little get away at home to sit and enjoy the sporting atmosphere he or she enjoys? I have a small room in my basement that I have decorated with pictures and hunting and fishing things that is my get-away, and reminds me of memorable trips! Just wondering if any of you folks have a game or fishing room, and do you take great pride in how it is setup, and spend alot of time there? Feel free to post a pic. if you would like! Good fishing, and good hunting bros!!!!! rollo

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  2. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I just act like a redneck and keep my gear in my bedroom.:eek:oooh::smile2::wink:

3. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    yes my barn lol:smile2:

4. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i have a room that has all my deer mounts (my fish mounts burnt up in my last house) trail cam pics. and so on.my wife even sewed me some curtains that have deer on them,and some that have people in a boat fishing on them.i have a T.V. A 10 GAL. fish tank with a small logger head and 2 horny heads,a 55 gal. tank with a loggerhead,and a 4 or 5 inche flat head.and my puter.thats about it.

5. puppypal

puppypal New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Ar
    LOL I guess ya can say that! LOL Well the den is all about dead deer deer plates from franklin mint deer light switch plates, the coach is blue with hunting and fishing pictures. Then the wall of fame is in the den. With all the 5x7 fishing PB's Have a squirrel too! Fixing to pick up my son's bass guess it just turned out that way. When we first moved in the franklin mint plates were a resale thing and of course my love for dogs they had plenty of those with others with deer.....So I guess i created a monster from there? LOL Fixing to glue my ten foot pink fishing pole up and hand it up too! One of a kind and I had many laughs worth it all so it goes too!

6. Phoneman53

Phoneman53 New Member

State:
    Olivet, Kansas,
    Yep me too,,,in the barn,,,,sealed up a special room for it all....:smile2::smile2::smile2:

7. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    In one end of my shop I have all my rods hanging with the reels in sacks hanging under them. Below that I have my rod wrapping equipment. At the far end of the wall I have all my jig making equipment and sinker making equipment. My bait tank sets out from the wall about 8'. My 2 wheeler and wagon I use at the dam set by it. I'm in the process of rearranging all of it, as soon as I'm done I'll post some pix.

8. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Pretty neat replys so far. Barns to bedrooms etc! :smile2: I guess if thats your get-away spot then thats where it is! rollo

9. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    It called the man cave. But I have to say mine is my truck. :angry:

10. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Wife said she is getting a new recliner so now I'll have her old one for my shop. When she got a new refrigerator I got the old one for bait & beer.

11. River dog

River dog New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I wish I had a fishing room! My stuff is tucked everywhere....:big_smile:

12. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    I live in a small house with no garage and no basement so I cant hind anywhere : (

I guess my stuff is everywhere. My living room has lake maps on the wall, fishing rods in the corner, and spools of line hanging off the entertainment center. The kitchen has more bait in the freezer than food, a worm bed in the closet. In our bedroom, behind the door I have what's called my redneck shelf that's has all my rig making stuff also have big plastic tubs full of stuff. Outside my front door there is a bait tank...people like watchin my bait ; ) and rigs hanging off my mailbox. Even my jeep is set up full time for fishin/camping.

I'm jealous of you guys...I have no one spot to myself ; )

13. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    Deer hunting is really not my thing so I have no mounts. But here is a pic of my bat cave. It was just a small room I took it over and spend a lot of time in there.

Attached Files:

14. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    mine is a 24x30 garage that i call the dungeon one wale has my fishing stuff reel collection lanturn collection rod collection tackle boxes you name it its on that wale from floor to celling and hanging from the rafters

15. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    hey john what the story on the trophy with the plane on it?

16. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I won that in a spot landing contest at a fly in probably 10-12 years ago. (They made a mark on runway and who ever touched down closest to mark won).

17. Motopro00

Motopro00 New Member

State:
    Festus, Missouri
    thank's for sharing. not everyday i see a plane on a trophy. :big_smile: I only have one bowling trophy:embarassed:

18. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    At one time I used the guest house for my hunting/fishing headquarters, but Swee Pea decided it's better suited for storage:crazy::crazy::smile2: Now all my "stuff" is located in the garages and/or my computer room. I clean it just enough to have a narrow path through it and warned her of the chances of snakebite should she wander too far into that room:smile2::smile2: Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

19. head hunter

head hunter New Member

State:
    ohio
    I have a music room where me and the guys practice. and of course,,my bows ,,guns ,,and poles. need to clean out all the years worth of misc yard sale crap from the barn to be able to get the boats in. ( THE MAN CAVES ) ,,gotta have'em !!!!!!

20. hawgmaster

hawgmaster New Member

State:
    SE columbu
    you bet i do!! i have 1 too many rods for a closet lmao( well never such a thing as too many rods)