Do you have a old boat in your way?

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by kybunniebuster, Jan 30, 2006.

1. kybunniebuster

kybunniebuster New Member

State:
    winchester kentucky
    i just wanted to let everyone know of a good bait tank you can have i first came up with it when i purchased a 16' fiberglass bassboat without a title ( i needed a motor it had a good one ) so it left me a couple options i could cut it up for the trash or put it to use i stripped all the interior out of it and stripped it down to the fiberglass hull and leveled it up on the ground (requires a little digging to make it level) then i took landscape timbers and made a square around the boat i used 4 runs of timbers to bring it up to the hieght i was wanting and left about 1 1/2 feet between the boat and the timbers and filled the space with top soil i then put the plug in the rear hull and stacked a couple concrete blocks in the center of the hull to place a fountain pump on filled the boat with water plugged up the fountain and has a nice look to it it holds about 1100 gallon of water then i planted flowers around the outside to make a nice flower bed, i have kept minnows and gold fish in it year round and any time you need bait just dip out what you will need after the fishing trip is over just put the bait back in the boat it also makes a good holding tank for the fish you are planning on eating if you dont have time to clean them after a long day fishing if i can find a camara ill try to get some pics of it on here

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Can't wait to see the pics, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a cool addition to the yard.

3. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Now Kenny, that is what I call creative. I'll bet it looks good.

4. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Thats one heck of an idea, i was going to use the neighbors pool.. but they wanna use it to swim in go figure!!!

5. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    ok folks i finaly got some pics of the bait boat its not looking its best considering there is no flowers still around it but will be as soon as the weather permits us to replant them if the weather holds out im gonna get my floating flowers and lilly pads back in it it has several crappie and bluegill in it now along with a couple small catfish and some minnows and goldfish

Attached Files:

6. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    i bet thats the most fish you ever had in the boat lol looks good kenny

7. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    That's a good idea, to bad I did'nt know about this two years ago. I cut up a fiberglass boat I did'nt have a title for.(Left behind by some renters we had.)

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    You might be a Redneck if....

Pure perfection.

9. catman872

catman872 Member

State:
    missouri
    if you fill up an old boat with water and use it as a yard ornament........you might be a redneck!!!! lol

looks like a good idea really

10. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    if you catch more fish out of your boat than you do in your boat-you might be a redneck----- no joke the kids fish in it all the time :)

11. malaki

malaki New Member

State:
    Redmon Illinois
    if any body needs a boat i have a 20 footer you can have! could fit alot of bait in this one.:)

12. fatcat81

fatcat81 New Member

State:
    ohio
  13. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    Good idea, but I hope it's in a fenced in yard so no little kids can fall in and not get out. Just a thought.

14. kybunniebuster

State:
    winchester kentucky
    well i cleaned out some of the fish in the bait boat yesterday was wanting some fresh fish for supper here is a pick of some of the fish i took out so far

Attached Files:

15. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    post number 6 I WANNA SEE!!! 4 more to go lol

16. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    man hope I dont get banned for this

17. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I used a old bath tub for a bait tank for awhile but the wife made me get rid of it said it took away from the motor hangin from the tree

18. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    found me a nice little place in Cross SC cheap bout 3 miles from the lakes gonna have to set up another stock tank for bait and keepin cats alive after fishin all night and just not feelin like cleanin right away

19. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    YEEHAW this gives me #10 now I can see the purty pictures...:)

20. buzzgator

buzzgator New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Man get ya some floatin flowers and you be set!!!