Do You Have a Favorite Bait Catching Stream?

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by festus, Aug 27, 2009.

1. festus

festus New Member

I don't really want to know the name of your bait catching hole or where it's located, we keep that stuff private. But here's a photo in the attachment of one of mine. This little hole under the waterfall is about waist deep. It's full of chubs, stonerollers, shiners, a stray logperch or two, some of the smaller suckers, crawdads, and occasional hellgramite. I never have used a seine or cast net, but may in the future.

Is catching bait as much fun to you as it is to me? I use tiny #14 to #20 hooks with 2 lb. test line with a piece of worm or bread balls to catch the bigger minnows, and you can see, I'm throwing a baited minnow trap in there to catch crappie minnows. There's a few whopper creek chubs in there up to about 10". I try to be conservative and keep no more than I need. This spot used to be a baptising hole up until the 1950's. It's clean, I have waded it and dunked myself in the heat of the summer.

If anyone wants to share their bait catching hole, feel free to do so, size, depth, width, what species of minnow is there, etc. Maybe when you were growing up, you can recall some experiences. As I said, I don't want anyone to reveal their location of bait holes. :cool2::wink:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
  2. mavmannate

mavmannate New Member

State:
    De soto, Kansas
    killcreek.... at least i thinkso anyways...lol. i havent been there to catch anythign yet, but its the closest too my house. about 3 blocks behind my house is flood plain, which comes from this creek. :crazy:

3. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    The name of my place is Lake Notellum. :smile2:

4. festus

festus New Member

Hey Steve, I said not to reveal the name of your bait hole. :wink: