Do you get asked to see Fishing license..from authority figures?

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by LadyValea1, Sep 29, 2006.

1. LadyValea1

LadyValea1 New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Tex
    Fishing from the banks for a long time...I've never been asked to see my fishing license...just the other day a Sheriff deputy and Marshall asked to see my licence...lucky I had it in my back pocket... Do you guys get asked a lot?
    I forgot, are you suppose to carry your drivers license with the fishing license?

2. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    I dont get asked as much as i would like to.I mean i pay for them every year and it makes me feel good to know that the warden is around.

3. Drawout

Drawout Active Member

State:
    Paris.Texas
    And yes you are suppose to have a valid picture id with you.

4. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    i think i got asked 2 times this season that was it. i always get nervous when they come around even though im doing nothing wrong lol

5. IrishO'Brady

IrishO'Brady New Member

State:
    Ga
    Typically yes I beleive you are supposed to have a drivers license with you also. And in the last 5 years I have not had anyone check me for a license. Come to think of it Im not sure Ive ever been checked.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I can't remember EVER being asked for mine.A cpl times this year I've been fishing at a local State Park and the game warden has drove by both times,waved and went on.Maybe I just look like I have my license,I don't know!

7. dreamcatcher

dreamcatcher New Member

No one here has ever checked me for license, but I would like to see them around more often to check folks for sure...

8. The J-Man!

The J-Man! New Member

State:
    St.Paul, MN
    I was just checked this weekend while bank fishing with 2 buddies. The local sherrif of a small town near by (we were fishing a few miles out of town) drove down to where we were and checked all our licenses. We all had them so he just made small talk for a minute (said it was a slow night in town) then headed on his way. I get checked once a year or so while bank fishing. Usually by the DNR. They like to sneak up on you. :smile2:

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Haven't been checked in yeaars. I've almost forgotten what a game warden looks like. Now if I didn't have any Lic .they would be breathing down my neck. Like the others I would like to see more of them ,just to keep people more honest. GOD BLESS and STAY SAFE!!

10. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Here in California you have to wear your fishing license on you, where it is visible above the waist. I usually wear a hat so I keep my license in a plastic sleeve and safety pin the sleeve to the back of my hat. I can't remember the last time fish and game checked my license, I rarely see them when I'm out fishing.

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    It depends on where I fish. When I was stationed at Camp Pendleton in Ca, the warden on base used to check licenses on a regular basis. Here in Az, the spots I primarily fish are way hidden away from every one. I have yet to see a warden out there. I still keep my license on me though, just in case.

12. ka_c4_boom

ka_c4_boom New Member

State:
    Bedford,Ky
    yeah i get check atleast twice a year have been checked by the same one 5 times in a month lol its bad when they get to knowing you by your first name and still ask to see it lmao . you can get good info from them on where the fish are at and how to go about catching those fish if your polite to them , remember to most of them its just a job they dont mean to offend by asking over and over

13. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Its probaly been eight to ten years sence ive been checked:wink:

14. hailei

hailei New Member

State:
    AL
    Never Been Asked For It

15. catseeker

catseeker New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have been fishing in IL and Mo for 10 years and never been asked about my fishing license. Its kind of aggrivating when I buy my license every year and I fish next to people who don't bother to buy one.

16. rudepossum

rudepossum Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I can't remember ever being asked for mine. But probable will be asked tomorrow.lol

17. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    "All of the time"!

I use to go up to this family friend's property and do alot of bank fishing, a nice "Honey Hole" & I use to get Channels Cats out for there from 10 to 15 pounds & Ba$$ in the 6 to 10 pound range. But in the last two or three years he aloud the Ca. Fish & Game Dept. to come on his land because some people have been coming on his land to fish without his say-so. Everyday I go up there now - I'm ask to show my license & Ca. ID. But it don't mind at all, because that's their Job, and if it can help keep people from fishing in areas without one - I'm all for it - Because I don't go without mines. :big_smile:

Take it easy,
    Bert:cool2: & Shaina:0010:

:worship: :0a23:
    Bert & Phil

18. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I was told the reason they ask even when they know you have one is to keep from being accused of favoritism.You or they never know who is looking and you are required to have it on you.The days are gone when the Warden asked me if I had a license and knew my word was good.The only reason he asked was to satisfy the urging of the trainee with him.Like he said.I know you wouldn;t fish with out one.Besides he always read the record book and knew if you had one before he asked.peewee-williams

19. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I have never been asked for a fishing license. I have run into dnr and sheriffs many times this year and was never asked. One time I even approached a dnr officer with a tag number and size specs of a sturgeon I had caught this year and was never asked to see any thing.
    Now hunting is different, every time there is a dnr officer, I am asked.

20. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    I've been asked for my license 6 or 7 times in the last 25 years or so. Although I have had at least 20 times in the same period that the game wardens have just come up to shoot the breeze. Most of the ones I've met are really nice guys, with one exception.:angry: We were anchored on a bream bed and he watched us fish for a while and came over and checked us for everything. No problems, then that butt head motored away right through our bed. I guess he was mad that he couldn't give us a ticket.

st