Do you fish lake Thom-A-Lex?

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by floundahman, Jul 12, 2009.

1. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
  2. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Yes! Please come out and represent! Its a nice lake, there are no sea doos, swimming or anything like that allowed this is a fish only lake so those are not a worry! You can fish by bank or boat, Went out today for a stroll and found some hott spots I believe that will produce fish, Some 32ft and very steap grade up to 3 ft.... Very good I do believe! Hope to see you there!

3. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Well, William it may be you and me representing at Thom-A-Lex this weekend. Two people can't win three prizes. Anyone else planning to come?

4. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Thom a lex turned out to be a great tourney with 81 people entered! We all had lots of fun! Jim (Floundahman) here on the forums was one of the great people that also enjoyed the experience. Even though we didnt place in the top 3 it was still a great sucess for a first time tourney the lake has held. Spoke with the warden this morning and he says there is a possibilty that there will be another! Next time lets all try to come out and represent the BOC well!

5. kvillcat

kvillcat New Member

State:
    Kernersville, Nc
    Had to much going on getting ready for the coast, but Next time I'll try to get out there.

john

6. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Had a great time Saturday night. William is right it was a great group of people. William held third place until the last boat came in with a livewell full of big cats (I believe they took 1st and 2nd). We caught some good eating sized cats and had catfish sandwiches on Sunday. It was great to meet a BOC brother and William is a good one to meet.

7. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Just an update..Spoke to Slade the Warden and he said they are planning another tourney for September, not sure on date yet though.. He said that there were 39 boats that entered the tourney. Thats not including the bank fishermen. 1st went to a guy in Walkertown with I think a 14 or 15lb Blue and a guy from Stokes county I believe won 2nd and 3rd places. I ended up with 5th place with 8.4 lb Blue, Had a good one pull my 6600 spool out and I missed the hook set:angry:. I'm trying to get a banner or flag designed to fly or hang representing the BOC to get more members as Jim said there wasnt a bad person there! Gotta get my arriators fixed and looking forward to doing some fishing with Jim!

8. cathooked

cathooked New Member

State:
    north carolina
    i heard about it too late,but i'll be at the next one i live at high rock,keep me posted..

9. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Sounds good man! I'll keep you all posted on here as to when the next date will be...As of right now its September but not sure on the day! I live 8 minutes away so I stay updated

10. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Don, Hope to see you next time.

11. net man

net man New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    where is this lake:confused2:

12. belewslake

belewslake New Member

State:
    northcarolina
    i was going to try to make it out there but i went up to claytor lake in v.a. to fish. i went down there last friday on my lunch hr to check it out. i will be in the next one they have. keep me up to date

13. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    The lake is between Lexington and Thomasville, It's on Yokley rd. If coming from Thomasville you will turn right at DCCC and that rd will be called old Greensboro rd. and Yokley is about 2 1/2 miles on the left, with the lake being about a quarter mile down there. if from Lexington you'll make a left off of business 85 at DCCC and go the sameway

14. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    From old 52 turn onto Midway School Rd., right onto Ridge Rd., then left onto Yokeley.

15. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Next catfish tourney at Thoma lex is on Sep 12th 5:30pm til 11pm, be there alittle early for sign ups!

16. Asartin

Asartin Well-Known Member

State:
    nc
    Name:
    Austin Sartin
    I had my fingers crossed that the tournament would be on a day I had nothing to do and I think you guys hit the nail on the head. Is this any individual person tournament or do it go by the boat, if you are in a boat?

How early do we need to be there to get signed up?

17. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    You sign up the day of the tourney, every man for himself, bank or boat, 2.00 to fish 4.00 for boat...Had a good showing last outting with 81 contestants!

18. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    Update... Tourney now starts at 5pm instead of 5:30, and still runs til 11. Registration starts at 4pm, weigh ins held through out the tourney..Those wanting directions can use mapquest or google maps its 700 Yokley rd. Lexington/thomasville either one should work phone is 336 731-6052.. Hope we have a great turn out

19. floundahman

floundahman New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I'll be fishing with my wife this time. Didn't do so well last time, have to break out the secret weapon. The fish can't resist her either.:wink:

20. Will i am

Will i am New Member

State:
    NC
    haha thats a good one Jim! i'll have my buddy with me. He's kinda like a woman the way he complains!