Do you exchange yer LP tank?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bootshowl, Jun 4, 2008.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
  2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    that is something to think about. we had a safety class at work last year about this sort of problem. i work road construction, which should have no aquaintance with these problems, but seems these people discard gas cans, propane cylinders etc. after using them for their production. we were told not even to touch these if we see one laying off the road in a ditch. apparenting the fumes from this nasty stuff can destroy your lungs fast. call the law and stay away from it. thanks for the post and link, something to think about.....rollo

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You are making me feel bad. I have picked up at least 500 twenty pound bottles. A local gas company asked me if I would take them to scrap. I said ya, and No Joke, some had gas in them. In fact, some are full.

The only tanks I have had filled is on my truck camper, they are, lay on their side jobs.

People out there think because their old tanks do not have the new safety fill stuff on them, they are no good. They are turning them in full. LOL LOL :smile2::smile2::smile2:

I will watch for bad valves, but I have not seen any, like in the pictures, in that article. I will watch for them.

4. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    YA SOMEONE ELSE POSTED THIS IN CAMPING AREA. LOOKS LIKE A GOOD IDEA JUST TO GO TO THE GAS PLACE TO GET MINE REFILLED FROM NOW ON.

dang it. had caps lock on.:angry:

5. CATFISHING1

CATFISHING1 New Member

State:
    MO.
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

6. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jim, that's a good one about dumb people throwing away the old propane bottles that were full. :smile2:

I had to buy a new BBQ grill, it came with the new type connection and one new bottle. I still had one full bottle with the old valve so I switched the connection on my grill back to the old type so I could use up the old bottle.

I was once a plant manager in a Anhydrous Ammonia Production Plant until it blew up. Wasn't caused from the ammonia but from a faulty section of high pressure piping. I can assure anyone ammonia can be very bad stuff if one doesn't know how to handle it. And these squirrels making meth know nothing about ammonia.

7. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I always get mine refilled. It's cheaper.
    Bill