do you ever think your crazy?

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, Feb 4, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    as i carried my laundry down to the basement today i saw my "catfish stuff" my poles, tackle bag, bait tank with a mess of tubing from aerators, cast nets a few dirty towels and i really wondered why i go through the trouble, getting covered in muddy water catching bait, canoeing up and down the river in the late night, having way to many close calls, staying up all night on hot summer nights, waiting to hear that bait clicker, i always tell myself im gonna quit that mess, but every february i always get that urge, that need to hear that baitclicker tearin out, that need to feel that weight when you know you set into a good one, i start hearing bait clickers in my sleep, and i relize it not long away fellas, and by the way my catfish stuff is now organized to the detail, cleaned all the mess, ready to go, now i really begin waiting for that warm weather, just letting everybody know, im suffering with ya, i know how you feel... and it wont be long

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya man, I have considered quitting several times...But, I cant do without it!...I also have cabin fever bad right now!

3. Hoopie

Hoopie New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I hear ya on the cabin fever flathunter I've been off work since middle of dec.(road construction) and its killing me. You can only do so much with the cold and limited funds due to lack of work. Spring will be here soon.Been working on the boat gets a little warmer I'll start making sinkers for the year.Good luck everyone this year out on the water.

4. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I am ready for flatheads for sure, but I have been catching alot of blues this winter, so thankfully I have had something to keep me busy..Other wise it would be a long and boring winter, but spring is almost here!

5. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    You know that right bro. If it wasn't for blues biting good in the winter i don't know what i would do. I still got the urge bad for flats though. It will be warming up soon. I hope so anyways.

6. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I know I am crazy every time I get in my blue Toyota, my fishing car let alone the trunk, with all the layers of clothes/rain poncho/boots I wear and shed catching stupid rainbow trout in rain sleet snow cold you name it just to be out fishing for something. I have several frozen for cutbait for the early spring bite and if cooked right, these farm raised rainbows aren't too bad really. Can't wait to lift my first cat outta the water this year only to let it free to multiply and grow!

7. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    The past two day it has been warm and I wasn't able to. But man I want to go. So I feal your Pain.

8. katkiller77

katkiller77 New Member

State:
    dayton ohio
    I went out to a local pond by hospice in Dayton Ohio the deep part of the pond was not iced over to kill my cabin fever:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2: it worked did not catch anything but the fact i got out killed my cabin fever rick

9. dogcat

dogcat New Member

State:
    Dayton Area Ohio
    I hear there are lotsa cats in that pond and also a little south in that private lake near the nursing home towering community. My friend's mom was a resident there and I had permission only went once or twice in the summer a few years back and literally wore them out in that pond by the nursing home. Huge bass in both too.

10. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    No, but I have my suspicsions about a few others on here, LOL!!

11. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    catching my first ice cat was a big help. I'm headed out again tomorrow.

12. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    never quit tommorow will be better !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Larry, you definitely are not crazy. The crazy ones are the ones out there breaking ice to catch those catfish! :tounge_out:

14. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i have cabin fever so bad i have chewed all my toe nails off, tied a sock on the line, and been casting to the family dog just to fight something!!! LOL....rollo

15. Moose1

Moose1 New Member

State:
    STEUB, OHIO
    THATS A PICTURE, I DID NOT WANT STUCK IN MY MIND.
    A PERSON BITEING OFF HIS OWN TOE NAILS.................:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh:

16. ravenloft420

ravenloft420 New Member

State:
    mo
    yes it wont be long till I organize my stuff and oil my reels for the spring.

I was outside havin a brew monday nite since it was so nice out and decided to go into the garage, I must have sat and just stared at all my catfish gear for about 10 mins.

I also noticed my entire hook/swivel/bead box was spilled all over the bottom of my bait bucket.

17. Corndawg

Corndawg New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Just something in our blood, I guess.

18. catfishsolich

catfishsolich New Member

State:
    kentucky,metcalfe county
    no but alot of other people think i am.